Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme – A per the inspection report kerele has largest number of Diabetes patients Thata why Kerala Social Justice Department (SJD) going to launch the Vayomadhuram Scheme for diabetic patients of the state for monitoring the blood glucose level.
Under this scheme, the authorities can offer free kits comprising of one Glucometer and twenty five check Strips to the old person of the state having age over sixty five years tormented by polygenic disease and happiness to Below personal income (BPL) class. The authorities can launch this theme on eighteen Gregorian calendar month 2018
Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme
Basically is shceme is introduced with the aim is to provide help the diabetic patients in their old age who are at higher risk of diseases. People can use this kit for regular monitoring of their blood sugar levels. The market price of these Glucometers varies from Rs. 450 to Rs. 2500 depending on their brands. Thus, this scheme will assist poor people of BPL Category.
The state government has got these kits from Kerala Medical Service Corporation Limited (KMSCL) and the state government will officially tie-up with this company after the official launch event.
Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme for Poor Senior Citizens Affected from Diabetes
Here are some major features and highlights of this scheme launched for diabetes affected Senior Citizens of the state –
- According to the scheme, the Kerala Government will provide benefits to all the Senior Citizens having age over 65 years and belonging to BPL Category and affected from Diabetes.
- provided free kits will containing one Glucometer and 25 testing strips.
- On the official launch event of the scheme ie. on 18 July 2018, the state government will provide 10 kits to 10 eligible people for blood glucose monitoring.
- The state government will provide free glucometer kits to around 800 beneficiaries in the first phase of the scheme.
- The minimum price of Glucometer kit with 25 strips is around Rs. 450 and varies as per the brand.
- The applicant has to submit copy of Aadhar card as age proof.
- Medical certificate issued by Govt./NRHM Doctor certifying that the applicant is suffering from diabetes.
- Self-attested copy of BPL ration card / Copy of BPL certificate issued from Panchayath/Municipality/Corporation / BPL Income certificate from concerned Village office.