Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme – The Kerala Social Justice Department (SJD) will launch the Vayomadhuram Scheme for diabetic patients of the state for monitoring the blood glucose level. Under this scheme, the state government will provide free kits comprising of 1 Glucometer and 25 Test Strips to the senior citizen of the state having age over 65 years suffering from diabetes and belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) Category. The state government will launch this scheme on 18 July 2018.
Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme
The main motive of this scheme is to help the diabetic patients in their old age who are at higher risk of diseases. People can use this kit for regular monitoring of their blood sugar levels. The market price of these Glucometers varies from Rs. 450 to Rs. 2500 depending on their brands. Thus, this scheme will assist poor people of BPL Category.
The state government has got these kits from Kerala Medical Service Corporation Limited (KMSCL) and the state government will officially tie-up with this company after the official launch event.
Kerala Vayomadhuram Scheme for Poor Senior Citizens Affected from Diabetes
Here are some major features and highlights of this scheme launched for diabetes affected Senior Citizens of the state –
- Under this scheme, the Kerala Government will provide benefits to all the Senior Citizens having age over 65 years and belonging to BPL Category and affected from Diabetes.
- The state government will provide free kits containing one Glucometer and 25 testing strips.
- On the official launch event of the scheme ie. on 18 July 2018, the state government will provide 10 kits to 10 eligible people for blood glucose monitoring.
- The state government will provide free glucometer kits to around 800 beneficiaries in the first phase of the scheme.
- The minimum price of Glucometer kit with 25 strips is around Rs. 450 and varies as per the brand.