Kerala Thalolam Scheme – केरल थलोलम योजना
The State Government of Kerala has introduced a new scheme named ‘Thalolam Scheme’ to provide free treatment to the children of the state. This scheme was implemented on 1 January 2010 by the Social Justice Department in Kerala.
What is Thalolam Scheme
Under this Thalolam Scheme, the state government covered various hospitals for the children’s treatment and treatment can be done only in those hospitals.
Objectives of the Scheme
- The main motto of the scheme is to provide free treatment for children’s below the age of 18 years who are suffering from Kidney diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Cerebral Palsy, Brittle Bone Disease, Hemophilia, Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Anemia, Orthopedic deformities and other Neuro-Developmental Disabilities, Congenital anomalies ( Endosulphan victims) and accident cases in which patient needs surgery.
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide Care and protection to the weaker section of our community. Kerala government started a various scheme for the welfare of the people. The state has initiated many social security schemes for the poor people and this scheme really help to those people who cannot afford medical treatment
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits of free treatment for children’s who are suffering from Kidney diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Cerebral Palsy, Brittle Bone Disease, Haemophilia, Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Anemia, Orthopaedic deformities and other Neuro-Developmental Disabilities, Congenital anomalies( Endosulphan victims) and accident cases in which patient needs surgery
- Benefits of the initial assistance of Rs. 50,000/- and additional financial assistance can be released on the decision of Superintendent, Head of the concerned Department of Specialty and Head of Radiotherapy Department
- Applicant should be resident of Kerala
- Children’s should be below 18 years of age
- Diseases which needs surgery like Kidney diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Brittle bone disease, Cerebral palsy, Hemophilia, Thalassemia, Sickle cell anemia, Orthopedic deformities and other Neuro- Developmental Disabilities, Congenital anomalies ( Endosulphan victims) are covered under the scheme
- Patient who belongs to poor family and cannot afford medical treatment are eligible for this scheme
- Emergency treatment, as well as surgery, also cover in this scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Parents income certificate
- BPL/APL card
- Child’s medical reports
- Applicant should contact the Social Justice Department, Kerala
- You can also contact to hospital covered under this scheme
Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012
Phone- 0471-2341200, 2346016 (Fax)