Thalolam Scheme : The Government of Kerala has launched its new ‘Thalolam Scheme’ to take care of children health in the state. This scheme is specially launched for children where the government will provide them free health treatment. However, this scheme was introduced in 2010 by the Social Justice Department in Kerala but the government want to keep continue this scheme to provide the benefit of this scheme.
What is Thalolam Scheme
Thalolam Scheme is a free treatment scheme which is specially launched for those children who are facing the problem of serious disease. So the government will provide them free treatment in selected hospitals. The treatement of children will be completely free, the cost of treatment will be payed by the government.
Objectives of the Scheme
- The government has launched this scheme with an objective to provide free treatment to the children who are suffering from serious disease. Only those children will be benefited from this scheme who age is below 18 years.
- The children will get free treatment of several serious diseases like Kidney diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Cerebral Palsy, Brittle Bone Disease, Hemophilia, Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Anemia, Orthopedic deformities and other Neuro-Developmental Disabilities, Congenital anomalies ( Endosulphan victims) and accident cases in which patient needs surgery.
- With the help of this scheme the poor families will get health protection for their children. There are many wealfare schemes are running by the state government of Kerala. This scheme will actualy help those families who can not afford the treatment expense for their children.
Benefits of the Scheme
- As per the details, only those children will be eligible for this scheme who are suffering from Kidney diseases, Cardiovascular diseases, Cerebral Palsy, Brittle Bone Disease, Haemophilia, Thalassemia, Sickle Cell Anemia, Orthopaedic deformities and other Neuro-Developmental Disabilities, Congenital anomalies( Endosulphan victims) and accident cases.
- The government will also provide financial assistance of Rs. 50,000/- and on the requirement of more financial assistance it can be obtained at the permission of Superintendent, Head of the concerned Department of Specialty and Head of Radiotherapy Department
- The applicant must be resitdent of Kerala state
- Only those children will eligible for free treatment whose age is below 18 years.
- Only poor families are eligible for this scheme who can not afford the expensive medical treatment in the hospitals.
- Surgery and emergency will also cover in this scheme.
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Parents income certificate
- BPL/APL card
- Child’s medical reports
Those people who want to get the benefit of free treatment for their children they can contact to the Social Justice Department of Kerala
You can also contact to the empaneled hospitals which selected by the state government
Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012
Phone- 0471-2341200, 2346016 (Fax)