Nutrition Supplement to HIV-affected Women and Children Scheme
The Kerala Social Justice Department has launched ‘Nutrition Supplement to HIV-affected Women and Children Scheme’. This scheme started in December 2008 to control HIV and help those people who are living with the HIV.
What is Nutrition Supplement to HIV-affected Women and Children Scheme
- Under this Nutrition Supplement to HIV-affected Women and Children Scheme, the government provides supplements to the women & children’s who are suffering and living with the HIV. Providing good nutrients to the patient is the vital component in HIV to control its rapid progress. Because malnourishment can worsen the effect of HIV and rapidly progression of the infection to concert into AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome).
- In the country, a majority of people living with HIV/AIDS without proper nutrition & most of them belongs to economically backward families and their nutrition status is very poor. HIV-infected patient has a low immune system which is extremely vulnerable to other infections. The patient also vulnerable to loss of appetite and weight loss which is contributing diseases.
- To prevent and control this problem, the government of Kerala comes with a very good initiative to provide Nutrition supplements for the women & children’s living with HIV. Initially, 2,800 women and children who are registered in Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) clinics and Link ART clinics run by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society (KSACS) are being provided nutritional supplements
Objective of the Scheme
- The main motto of this scheme is to provide Supplement to the women & children’s who are living with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
Benefits of the Scheme
- Government provides nutritious supplements to the women & children’s who are suffering and living with the HIV
- Economically backward families can get benefits of this scheme
- It helps to control HIV
- Applicant should be resident of Kerala state
- Women & children’s who are living with HIV are eligible for this scheme
- Applicant contact social welfare office in Kerala for the assistance
- Applicant also contact protection officer, Social Justice Department
- Contact women and child department
Chief Probation Superintendent, Directorate of Social Justice, Vikas Bhavan, Vth Floor, Thiruvananthapuram
Ph: 0471 – 2300672