Nutrition Supplement to HIV-affected Women and Children Scheme
Kerala Nutrition Supplement Scheme for HIV affected women and child well- being scheme has been started by the Social Justice Department (Kerala Government), This scheme started in December 2008 to help people control HIV and live with HIV. Under this scheme Kerala Government will provide nutritional supplements for women and children suffering HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
What is Nutrition Supplement to HIV-affected Women and Children Scheme
- Under this Nutrition Supplement to HIV-affected Women and Children Scheme, the government provides supplements to the women & children’s who are suffering and living with the HIV. Providing good nutrients to the patient is the vital component in HIV to control its rapid progress. Because malnourishment can worsen the effect of HIV and rapidly progression of the infection to concert into AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome).
- In the country, a majority of people living with HIV/AIDS without proper nutrition & most of them belongs to economically backward families and their nutrition status is very poor. HIV-infected patient has a low immune system which is extremely vulnerable to other infections. The patient also vulnerable to loss of appetite and weight loss which is contributing diseases.
- To prevent and control this problem, the government of Kerala comes with a very good initiative to provide Nutrition supplements for the women & children’s living with HIV. Initially, 2,800 women and children who are registered in Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) clinics and Link ART clinics run by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society (KSACS) are being provided nutritional supplements
Objective of the Scheme
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide Supplement to the women & children’s who are living with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). and try to safe others.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Government provides nutritious supplements to the women & children’s who are suffering and living with the HIV
- Economically backward families can get benefits of this scheme,they can get full nutritions and stay healthy .
- It helps to control HIV and other disease
- This shceme is only for resident of Kerala state
- Women & children’s who are living with HIV are eligible for this scheme
- Applicant contact social welfare office in Kerala for the assistance
- Applicant also contact protection officer, Social Justice Department
- Contact women and child department
Chief Probation Superintendent, Directorate of Social Justice, Vikas Bhavan, Vth Floor, Thiruvananthapuram
Ph: 0471 – 2300672