Kerala Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme: As The education system has changed with time and the ‘save general education mission The Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has Announce a that is Kerala Free Hand loom School Uniform Scheme According to the ministers under this scheme free handloom uniforms will be distributed to school children this will help to reduce the misery of traditional handloom workers, With the aim of developing school education and children’s education, the Government of Kerala has come up with a new scheme named after the Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme. Under the scheme, the Government of Kerala government will provide free handloom school uniform to about 4.5 lakh schoolchildren in the state. The government has started the Free School Uniform Delivery Scheme for especially for school children and for promoting this handloom sector.
Kerala Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme Objective
Under this scheme, the Government of Kerala will be provided free handloom school uniform to students studying in approximately 4.5 lakhs 1 to 7th grade in the state. The auspicious start of this scheme will be done on May 2, 2018. According to the plan, about 3,701 schools will be covered in the state, in which a garment of 23 lakh meters will be distributed to the 1 to 7 class students. Not only this, the main purpose of this scheme is to promote education as well as handloom sector, so that people get employment opportunities too.
Kerala Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme Benefits
- The scheme will be launched on 2 May 2018.
- More than 3701 state schools will be provided free uniforms to each beneficiary student.
- Free handloom school uniform will be provided to the approximately 4.5 lakh students studying in 1 to 7th class.
- Employment opportunities for workers working in the handloom industry.
- As the employment of the workers, the government will increase the salaries of Rs 400 to Rs 600.
- Several labourers get jobs only under the handloom school uniform scheme. For this scheme, govt. has already dispensed around Rs. 40 crore to the workers.
- Only the students studying in Class 1st to 7th are applicable for this scheme. This scheme will cover 3,701 schools in the state.
Download My Government Schemes Mobile App and get latest government schemes updates on your Mobile.