Kerala Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme for 1st to 7th Class Student
Kerala Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme: With the aim of developing school education and children’s education, the Government of Kerala has come up with a new scheme named after the Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme. Under the scheme, the Government of Kerala government will provide free handloom school uniform to about 4.5 lakh schoolchildren in the state. The government has started the Free School Uniform Delivery Scheme for especially for school children and for promoting this handloom sector.
Kerala Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme Objective
Under this scheme, the Government of Kerala will be provided free handloom school uniform to students studying in approximately 4.5 lakhs 1 to 7th grade in the state. The auspicious start of this scheme will be done on May 2, 2018. According to the plan, about 3,701 schools will be covered in the state, in which a garment of 23 lakh meters will be distributed to the 1 to 7 class students. Not only this, the main purpose of this scheme is to promote education as well as handloom sector, so that people get employment opportunities too.
Kerala Free Handloom School Uniform Scheme Benefits
- The scheme will be launched on 2 May 2018.
- More than 3701 state schools will be provided free uniforms to each beneficiary student.
- Free handloom school uniform will be provided to the approximately 4.5 lakh students studying in 1 to 7th class.
- Employment opportunities for workers working in the handloom industry.
- As the employment of the workers, the government will increase the salaries of Rs 400 to Rs 600.
- Every labor will be paid on the basis of daily wages.
Note: It will not be necessary to apply for this scheme. Only students who are studying in classes 1 to 7 in class-owned schools will be provided free handloom school uniform by the school.
Download My Government Schemes Mobile App and get latest government schemes updates on your Mobile.