The state government of Kerala launched the Karunya Health Scheme for the weaker section of Kerala people. Under the scheme government provides health insurance coverage of Rs 5 lakh to family in a year. In the scheme at least five people of the family can take the membership of the scheme. In the scheme already 1.5 crore people were included in the ambitious scheme. Know the details of application form, list of hospital and complete details of the scheme.
Feature of Karunya Health Scheme
- In the scheme, government provides Rs 5 lakh health insurance to the poor people Kerala
- People can avail their benefits in Government and private hospital
- The total process of the scheme is online for examples apply, claim etc.
- In the portal of government you will find all details about declaration, application form, claim process, listed hospital.
- Special card will be given to each person of the family, at least five people can avail the scheme in a family earlier single card is issued for the head of the family.
- In the scheme all the critical acute ailments like Cancer, Haemophilia, Kidney and Heart diseases and for Palliative Care
Eligibility of Karunya Health Scheme
- The beneficiary must be resident of Kerala
- All the people belongs to below poverty line and above poverty line can apply for the scheme
- Beneficiary must have Aadhar card and Inocme Certificate for enrollment
Disease covered in the scheme
All the critical disease covered in the scheme such as:
- Kidney diseases
- Heart disease
- Palliative care
How to apply
- Go to official website of Kerala government http://karunya.kerala.gov.in.
- Click How to apply section
- Download Application form
- Fill application form carefully and submit the application form in government office
Phone number — 0471-3230448/49
This is an ambitious scheme for the social welfare scheme of Kerala government. Poor people cannot afford the medical expense, many people die due to financial problem. Karunya Health Scheme is boon for such people.