Karnataka Shaadi Bhagya Scheme (Bidaai) – कर्नाटक शादी भाग्य योजना (बिदाई)
Shaadi Bhagya scheme
The Karnataka State Government has launched ‘Shaadi Bhagya scheme‘ in October 2013 for the marriage of minority community women. This scheme implemented by the Directorate of Minorities in the Karnataka state.
What is Shaadi Bhagya scheme
Under this Shaadi Bhagya scheme, government has provided financial assistance for minority community (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Parsi etc) women for their marriage.
Read More: Karnataka Mukhya Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- The main motto of the scheme is to provide financial assistance for the backward Muslim women during their marriage. In this scheme, the beneficiaries get Rs. 50,000 as a financial assistance from the state government.
- The main aim of this scheme is to bring a positive change after a girl child is born to the family, to support the family financially for the marriage of a girl, to discourage any minor girl marriage in the state and encourage marriages only after the girl has attained the legal age for marriage.
- This scheme is a good initiative for the development of minority community, as there are even some poor people in the minority community who don’t even have much money to arrange marriage cost. To get benefits under this scheme the girl candidate need to satisfy some eligibility norms which are mentioned below
Benefits the Scheme
- Government provides financial assistance of Rs. 50,000 for marriage of a woman who belongs to minority community (Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Parsi etc)
- Women, divorcees and widows will get benefits under this scheme
- Applicant should be the resident of Karnataka state
- Applicant should belong to below poverty line (BPL)
- The bride should have completed 18 years of age and the groom should have completed 21 years of age at the time of Marriage
- Applicant family annual income should be less than Rs 1.5 lakh
- Women, divorcees and widows who belong to minority communities are eligible for Shaadi Bhagya scheme
- Identity card such as Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Birth certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Passport size photos
- Minority certificate
- Applicant should fill the application form and attached all essential documents
- Now, submit it to the department of minorities office in the Karnataka state
Directorate of Minorities, 20th Floor, Vishveshwaraiah Tower, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru-560001
Phone No. 080-22863618
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org