Ksheera Bhagya Scheme: The state government of Karnataka has launched its new scheme ‘Ksheera Bhagya Scheme’. Under this scheme, the government will provide milk for children who are studying in school and anganwadis in the state. The government is implementing this scheme with the association of Karnataka Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Ltd. (KMF).
What is Ksheera Bhagya Scheme
Ksheera Bhagya Scheme is a government scheme of Karnataka which is specially launched to children. In this scheme, the government will provide free milk for children who are studying in school and Anganwadi. According to the scheme, the milk will be provide to the children for five days in a week.
Objectives of Ksheera Bhagya Scheme
- This scheme is launched for children to take care of their health.
- By providing milk it will improve the nutritional and health status of children in the state.
- According to the scheme, the benefit of the scheme will be given to the students of 1st to 10th studying in government schools or government-aided schools and Anganwadi children. This scheme will help the children to prevent from malnutrition.
- The government has targeted to provide the benefit of this scheme to the 65 lakh children studying in Class 1st up to Class 10th in government schools and 39 lakh children in Anganwadis.
- This scheme will help the children to improve their good health with better nutrition. The milk will give so many benefits such as calcium, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, zinc and riboflavin.
- This scheme is launched with an aim to improve the help health of children by providing them a better nutritious food with protein and fat which is essential for healthy growth. This scheme will cover all the school students and anganwadis children.
Read More: Karnataka Gas Bhagya Scheme
Benefits of Ksheera Bhagya Scheme
- Under this scheme, the free milk will be provide to the school students and anganwadis children. It will be given for five days in a week.
- The milk will be provided to the students of 1st to 10th class who are studying in government schools or government-aided schools. Along with this, the Anganwadi children’s will also benefited from this scheme.
- In order to implementing this scheme properly, the government is also giving Rs.4 per liter incentive to the dairy farmers.
Read More: Karnataka Shaadi Bhagya Scheme (Bidaai)
- The student must be native of Karnataka State
- Anganwadi children and school students are eligible for this scheme who are studying in 1st to 10th class in government schools or government added schools.
- The milk will be provided to the children for five days in a week.