Krishi Bhagya Scheme: The state government of Karnataka has come up with a new scheme ‘Krishi Bhagya Scheme‘ for transforming the agriculture sector. This scheme is specially launched for farmers to help them to increase the productvity. Under this scheme, the government will provide new technology & equipment, sustainable agriculture practices and better water management & irrigation. In a reality, about 70% farmers depend on rainwater. They have to face many problems due to the lack of water.
What is Krishi Bhagya Scheme
Krishi Bhagya Scheme is an agricultural scheme in which the state government will help the farmers to increase the productvity by providing them several facilities like – new technology & equipment, sustainable agriculture practices and better water management & irrigation. Mostly farmers have to face these types of problems specially water problem, the farmers have to depend on rain water to give water for their crops.
During the dry period, the water become a big problem because they become helpless to manage water for their crops. If they unable to manage water for their crop they have to face a big loss of crop. So the government has decided to help them by providing some special facilities related to the agriculture.
Read More: Karnataka Ksheera Bhagya Scheme
Objectives of Krishi Bhagya Scheme
- The state government of Karnataka has launched this scheme with objective to the solve the wate problem of farmers in the state. The government will help the farmers to farm pond with polyethylene lining, water pump installation and sprinkler irrigation system which makes the proper utilization of water.
- Under this scheme, the government will help the farmers for rainwater harvesting for their crops and the use of sprinkler irrigation system. It will help the farmers a proper use of water.
- If the farmers will get the benefit of this scheme, they will increase their productivity up to 30%
Read More: Karnataka Gas Bhagya Scheme
Benefit of Krishi Bhagya Scheme Karnataka
- It will help the farmers to increase their productvity and income.
- The government will provde new technology and equipment
- The government help the farmers for rain water harvesting and water management
- The farmers can also get help of sprinkler irrigation system for the proper use of water.
- The rain-fed farmers will be benefited from this scheme.
- The rain water harvesting will help the farmers in dry period.
Read More: Karnataka Shaadi Bhagya Scheme (Bidaai)
Features of the Scheme
- In this scheme, the government will provide agriculture machinery on affordable rent rates. The farmers will get different machineries like tractors, tillers, cultivators, diggers etc.
- In order to help the farmers, the government has established 183 Farm machinery and equipment hiring centers in Karnanatak and 278 new centers will be opened soon.
- If the farmer will harvest the rain wate by making a farm pond it will provide water in dry period for crops
- The government also organised Krishi Mela to the educate the farmers to use of modern technology for increasing productivity.
- In Krishi Mela farmers get more information like – soil & water conservation practices, post-harvest technology, organic farming, greenhouse technology, seed processing and farm machinery.
- The farmes also get other important information about the government scheme and other technical, financial and other supports of government.
- Krishi Mela creates awareness between the farmers.
- If any farmer want to get the benefit of this scheme he can visit the agriculture department related to Taluka/districts in Karnataka