Karnataka Krishi Bhagya Scheme – कर्नाटक कृषि भाग्य योजना
Krishi Bhagya Scheme
The Karnataka State Government has launched a new flagship scheme to achieve revolutionary change in Karnataka’s farm sector named ‘Krishi Bhagya Scheme‘.
What is Krishi Bhagya Scheme
Under this Krishi Bhagya Scheme, government commits to transforming agricultural sector by increasing farm productivity, infusion of new technology & equipment, sustainable agriculture practices and better water management & irrigation facilities in the state. In the Karnataka, 70% farmers depend on rainwater for their crops.
These rains fed fields don’t have any form of assured irrigation during the dry period. Famers could not able to get an adequate amount of water during their crucial time of crops. The total losses or lower yields reduce rain-fed farming to an unsustainable proportion. This un-sustainability pushes some farmers out of agriculture itself.
Read More: Karnataka Ksheera Bhagya Scheme
Objectives of the Scheme
- The state government started this scheme for farmers with an aim to offer a solution that enables rain-fed farming towards sustainable agriculture. In this program, government is supporting farmers to make a farm pond with polyethylene lining (to prevent percolation), install pump and sprinkler irrigation system (for efficient water utilization).
- This program helps farmers to harvest rainwater in their farm and irrigation system helps to use those water efficiently for agriculture. If farmers take proper advantage of this program they can save their crops or enhance yield by about 30%. By delivering that much more income, this program hopes to bring sustainability into rainfed farming.
Read More: Karnataka Gas Bhagya Scheme
Benefit of the Scheme
- Increasing farm productivity
- Infusion of new technology & equipment
- Sustainable agriculture practices
- Better water management & irrigation facilities
- This scheme helps to rain-fed farmers
- The water harvested in the pond helps farmer to protect the crops when there is no rain
Read More: Karnataka Shaadi Bhagya Scheme (Bidaai)
Features of the Scheme
- Under this scheme, the state government provides machinery at affordable rents to farmers. Farm machinery includes tractors, tillers, cultivators, diggers etc.
- 183 Farm machinery and equipment hiring centers already established all over the Karnataka state and more than 278 new centers open soon
Bhoochethana & BhooSamruddhi Programme to rejuvenate soil health and water management has entered its third phase in Karnataka. Farmers who adopted this program helps huge gain in the agriculture sector.
- Farm ponds for rainwater harvesting in the farm
Krishi Mela’s are being held in every district to educate farmers on the latest developments in agriculture both in terms of practice and technology.
- Krishi Mela’s helps farmers to provide information on post-harvest technology, seed processing, soil & water conservation practices, organic farming, greenhouse technology and farm machinery.
- In Krishi Mela’s, farmers also get information about technical, financial and other supports offered by the Government under various schemes
- Create awareness amongst the farming community.
- Farmer should visit agriculture department related to Taluka/districts in Karnataka