Karnataka Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme 2018-19 – Today, Bhartiya Janta Party’s Karnataka leader BS Yeddyurappa took the oath to fulfill the duties of Chief Minister of Karnataka. He becomes the 23rd CM. During his Oath, Governor Vajubhai Vala was also present there. The newly appointed Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yeddyurappa announced his first agenda that the state government will waive the farmers’ loan. Besides this, CM also instructed the revenue secretary of the state to report to him as soon as possible.
Karnataka Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme 2018-19 – Features
- Agriculture Development – The main motive of the state government behind the announcement of this scheme is to provide respite to the poor and needy farmers, with loan waiver.
- Farmer Loan Waiver – In Karnataka, there are various loan waiver schemes. But CM Yeddyurappa is going to provide more financial assistance to agricultural workers with this new program.
- Loan Waiver Amount – According to the declaration made by the Hon’ble CM Yeddyurappa, the farmer loan waiver scheme is first in his to-do list. The state government will waive 1 Lakh Rupees loan of all the farmers of the state.
- Other Agricultural Projects – Besides the loan waiver scheme, the newly appointed CM Yeddyurappa is going to look into the other agricultural projects like providing better farm tools, low electricity and water pumps. These schemes and decisions were in its election manifesto.
- Beneficiaries – This Karnataka Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme 2018-19 will provide loan waiver benefits to the farmers of the state. CM also said that all agricultural labors who had acquired financial credit from the banks will be given respite by waiving the said amount. Therefore, all the farmers will not have to worry about the payment of at least 1 lakh.
- Agriculture Budget – The Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) had stated in its agenda before the election that in case they come to power, they will offer new and improved schemes for agriculture as well as farmers. For this purpose, BJP has. sanction a total amount of Rs. 1.5 lakh crore.