Anna Bhagya Scheme : The state government of Karnataka has launched a new scheme Anna Bhagya Scheme for BPL families. Under this scheme, the government has decided to provide free of cost food grains for those people who live below poverty line. This is a welfare scheme in which the BPL families will benefited from this scheme. Actually, this scheme is launched with the association of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department.
What is Anna Bhagya Scheme
Anna Bhagya Scheme is welfare scheme which is specially launched for those families who live below poverty line (BPL). In this scheme, the government will provide free of cost food grains to the BPL families in the state. There are many families living in the Karnataka state who do not have enough money to live their regular life. They have to face many problems in their day to day life. So the government has decided to provide them free of cost food grains.
- Under this scheme, the poor families will get rice free of cost. As per the scheme, a single family member will get 7 kg rice per month while 10 member family will get 70 kg rice in a month.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide free of cost food grains to the poor families who live below poverty line. The government has targeted to help the poor people who do not have enough money to purchase food grains on market rate.
Read More: Karnataka Gas Bhagya Scheme
Benefits of the Scheme
- The most important benefit of this scheme is that the government will provide free of cost food grains.
- 7 Kg rice will be given to a single family member in a month.
- While 10 member family will get 70 kg rice in a month.
- Besides, the poor families can also get more benefit of this scheme where they can also get Wheat, Sugar, Salt, Kerosene and oil on subsidized rate along with food grains.
- The resident of Karnataka are eligible for this scheme.
- The benefit of this scheme will be given to the only BPL families.
Read More: Karnataka Shaadi Bhagya Scheme (Bidaai)
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
How to Get Benefit of This Scheme
- The poor families can get food grains through the fair price shops.
- The beneficiaries can visti the fair price shops which are located in Karnataka State.
- The people can also contact to the food officer in respective district/Taluka in Karnataka