Karnataka Anna Bhagya Scheme – कर्नाटक अन्न भाग्य योजना
Anna Bhagya Scheme
Karnataka State Government has launched a most awaited scheme named Anna Bhagya Scheme in association with Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department.
What is Anna Bhagya Scheme
Under Anna Bhagya Scheme, Karnataka government has distributed food grains to the below poverty line (BPL) families at free of cost in the state.
- The main motto of this scheme is to provide rice free of cost for people who belong to below poverty line. The Anna Bhagya scheme was improved in the recent state budget by the Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and now, a single-member family will get 7 kg of rice while a 10 member family will get 70 kg a month.
- The aim of the scheme is to provide subsidized rice to the targeted beneficiaries like families living below poverty line. The price of the food is increasing day by day and under such circumstance, the condition of the poor families has become even worse since they do not have enough money to purchase food grains at market rates. This is a very noble initiative taken by Karnataka Government for helping poor and deprived families to provide them food grains
Read More: Karnataka Gas Bhagya Scheme
Benefits of the Scheme
- Karnataka government has distributed food grains to the below poverty line (BPL )families at free of cost in the state
- A single-member family will get 7 kg of rice
- A 10 member family will get 70 kg a month under this scheme
- Along with the food grains, government also distribute Wheat, Sugar, Salt, Kerosene and oil on subsidized rate
- Applicant should be resident of Karnataka state
- Applicant should belong to below poverty line (BPL)
Read More: Karnataka Shaadi Bhagya Scheme (Bidaai)
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- The foodgrains distributed through fair price shops
- Applicant should visit fair price shops in Karnataka states
- Applicant also contact food officer in respective district/Taluka in Karnataka