Kalia Scheme FAQs – Complete Details Of Scheme | 22 Major Points
Kalia Scheme FAQs How to Apply / Register for KALIA Scheme in Odisha Download Application Form Eligibility Criteria Benefits Complete Details Kalia Scheme FAQs
Kalia Scheme FAQs
Here are 22 Kalia Scheme FAQs which you should read before apply –
1. What is KALIA Scheme?
KALIA scheme is a package for 5 welfare help and facilities for the farmers of Odisha. The Full form of KALIA is “Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation”. The Odisha Government has launched this scheme for the small and marginal farmers of the state.
2. Who is eligible to get benefit under KALIA Scheme?
Under the Kalia Scheme Odisha, all the small and marginal farmers, vulnerable Agricultural household, landless Agricultural household, landless Agricultural
3. Who is a small and marginal farmer?
Small Farmer – A small farmer is a farmer holding agriculture land of 1 hectare (2.5 acres) to 2 hectares (5 acres).
Marginal Farmer – A marginal farmer is a farmer having Agriculture Land less than 1 hectare.
4. What are the benefits available to cultivators for cultivation under KALIA scheme?
Under this scheme, the state government will provide financial assistance of Rs.25,000/- per farm family over five seasons to all the small and marginal farmers for purchasing inputs like seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and use assistance towards
5. Is there any benefit for landless agricultural household?
Yes, the state government will provide financial assistance of Rs.12500/- per family to each landless Agricultural Household for Agricultural allied activities like for small goat rearing unit, mini-layer unit, duckery units, fishery kits for fisherman, mushroom cultivation and bee-keeping, etc. This benefit will be particularly provided to SC & ST population of the State.
6. Is there any scope for financial assistance to vulnerable agricultural household?
Yes, the state government will provide financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 per family to all the vulnerable cultivators/landless agricultural laborers.
7. Who are
The vulnerable cultivator/landless Agricultural Laborers are those who are in old age, having disability/ disease
8. Is there any life insurance support to cultivators and landless agricultural laborers?
- Rs. 2 Lakh Life insurance Coverage at a premium of Rs.330/- having age between 18-50 years. Under this, the Odisha Government will bear farmers’ share of
annualpremium of Rs.165/-.
- Rs. 2 Lakh Personal accident Coverage at a premium of Rs.12/- having age between 18-50 years. Under this, the Odisha Government will bear farmers’ share of
annualpremium of Rs. 6/-.
- Apart from this, all the farmer beneficiaries having age between 51-70 years, the whole amount of Rs.12/- towards annual premium will be borne by the Odisha Government.
9. Is there any provision for providing
interest free crop loan to farmers under KALIA scheme?
Yes, under Kalia Scheme, the state government will also provide a crop loan of up to Rs.50,000/- at 0% interest to the farmers from the
10. Who is eligible to get the benefits under KALIA Scheme?
- All the Small and Marginal Farmers of the state are eligible to get benefit under support to cultivators for cultivation under Kalia Scheme Odisha.
- Landless agricultural families are also eligible to get livelihood support under the scheme.
Life Insurance Coverge to cultivators and Landless agricultural
11. What is a Farm Family?
A farm family includes a farmer and his/her spouse along with their dependent children.
12. Whether an employee of the Government/PSU is eligible to get the benefit under the scheme?
No, an employee of the Government/PSU is not eligible to get the benefit under the scheme.
13. Is an income tax payee farmer or his/her spouse is eligible to get benefit under the scheme?
14. How a small and marginal farmer (Cultivator) knows that his/her name is included in the list of beneficiaries?
The state government will publish a draft list of beneficiaries under “KALIA” scheme in 3 phases at each PACS and GP level. The first phase of Draft Farmer’s list has been published in the 1st week of
15. What is the remedy available for
eligible beneficiary if his/her name is not included in the draft list?
The farmer will have to fill the “Green Form” available at G.P office and PACS and drop the duly filled form in the “
16. What steps an employee of the Govt./PSU and Income Tax Payee farmer or his/her spouse need to take for
exclusion of his /her name from the draft list ?
Such applicants will have to fill the RED form available at GP office or PACS for the exclusion of his/her name. After that, the applicant have to put the duly filled form in the “
17. Whether a small/marginal farmer during cultivation in Rabi-2018-19 is eligible to get the benefit under this scheme.
18. How the benefit under support to cultivation for cultivation will be released?
The financial assistance amount will be directly transferred to the account of the family of the farmer.
19. How will farmers get information and for registering grievance about KALIA scheme? Is there any HELPLINE for the farmers to know about KALIA scheme?
Toll Free Helpline Nuber – 1800-572-1122
20. What is KALIA BARTA Number?
If you want to get information on Kalia Scheme then you can register for Kalia Barta by giving a
21. Whether a farmer can get information through WhatsApp?
Yes. For this, you have to register your mobile phone number through the official website of KALIA scheme i.e.
22. Are there any special camps organized for creating awareness about KALIA scheme?
Yes. For providing information about this scheme to the farmers, PEETHA camps are being organized between 15th January to 20th January 2019 at GP level during the period from 15th February to 20th February 2019 and 15th March to 20th March 2019 also. During the PEETHA camps, letters about the extension of financial assistance to small and marginal farmers will be provided to the farmers.
Here we have provided all the Kalia Scheme FAQs.