Jharkhand Shramik Pension Yojana
The Jharkhand Government has introduced Shramik Pension Yojana for providing pension to the sharmik (labors). In India, about 93.65% workers generally work under risky circumstances, temporary and irregular employment, indefinite work time and lack of basic/welfare facilities etc. That’s why Jharkhand state government has introduced this scheme.
Details of Shramik Pension Yojana
Under this Yojana, the state government provides pension to the unorganized worker. Recently, Jharkhand CM Raghuvar Das has increased pension amount for this scheme.
The sharmik workers are those who are working in unorganized sector like Stone cutting, breaking and grinding, Carpenter, Electrician, Mechanic, Well diggers, Welding, Roller runners, Watchman, Tunnel worker, Road worker or workers of any other category engaged in the planning of the Bond, Bridge, Road or any building construction operation etc. in this scheme, all such workers can get benefits of this unique pension scheme
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits of financial assistance to the workers
- Workers can get pension of Rs 750 per month under Shramik Pension Yojana
- Applicant should be resident of Jharkhand state
- Workers who belong to unorganized sector are eligible for this scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Labour Card
- Passport size photos
- Bank account details
- Applicant should visit labor department in Jharkhand
- Applicant also visit collector office, gram panchayat, and Zilla Parishad