Integrated School Education Scheme – 10 लाख विद्यार्थियों के लिए 6,600 करोड़ अनुदान
Integrated School Education Scheme – Under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the proposal of the School Education and Literacy Department to create a new Integrated School Education Scheme for the period 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2020. In the proposed scheme, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan and Shikshak Shikshan Abhiyan will be included.
Integrated School Education Scheme
A total amount of Rs. 75 thousand crores have been sanctioned for the proposed scheme. This amount is 20 percent more than the current allotted amount. The proposed scheme has been brought out in the context of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of “Sabko Shiksha Acchi Shiksha” and its aim is to help the states to make education facility available from pre-nursery to twelfth standard across the country.
Features of the Integrated School Education Scheme
The main objective of this government scheme is to ensure equally holistic and quality education to all, from nursery to secondary level. While focusing on teachers and technology in Integrated School Education Scheme, special emphasis has been given to improve the quality of school education.
10 Lakh Students will be Given 6,600 Crores Grant Under Integrated School Education Scheme
- Union Human Resources Development Minister Prakash Javadekar said on Thursday that the government will spend Rs 6,600 crore on loan grant for the next three years to help the needy students.
- In the cabinet meeting, the scheme has been extended for the next 3 years.
- In the next three years, education loans and interest subsidies will be provided to 10 lakh students whose family’s annual income is less than 4.5 lakh rupees.
- Under this scheme, eligible students will be given a loan without any guarantees and after one year of the end of the course till the government will pay interest on them, during which the student is expected to get a job.
- Students can avail loan up to Rs 7.5 lakh under this scheme.
- The minister said that the central government has spent a total of Rs 5,400 crore on this scheme in the last three years, which will now enhance up to Rs 6,600 crore in the next three years.
- He said that this budget is more than Rs 4,000 crore spent by the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government from the year 2009-2014.
- Javadekar announced the initiative under which Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan and Shikshak Shikshan Abhiyan this scheme. The Cabinet approved the proposal to prepare a scheme for it on Wednesday.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan was started in 1998 by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The Minister said that in five years the government will start digital blackboard in all the schools in class nine, 10, 11 and 12.
- Upgradation of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas, from class 6-8 to 12th standard, to promote the commitment of Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao Abhiyan