Indira Canteen Yojana Karnataka
Indira Canteen Yojana Karnataka – The Karnataka government will soon introduce Indira Canteen Yojana Karnataka on the lines of another state. The purpose of this scheme is to provide food to poor people at cheap rates. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced this scheme.
Initiating the scheme, Rahul Gandhi will launch ‘Indira Canteen Plan’ to provide cheap food to the workers and poor in Karnataka. Under which, Rs. 10 will be provided food available. In the first phase of this Indira canteen plan, 101 canteens will be started in the city.
Objective of Indira Canteen Yojana Karnataka
- The Indira canteen plan will be started by the Bangalore city of Karnataka first of all.
- Under this scheme, the poor and the laborers will be given three-time food.
- Under the scheme, 5 per day vegetarian will offer tiffin (breakfast) and 10 rupees for lunch.
- Not only this, the dinner will also be provided to the people at 10 rupees here.
- After studying the success and failure of this scheme, similar canteens will be opened in other cities and towns of the state.
- The Gyan Bhagya Yojana has been started for people below the poverty line in Bangalore.
- Siddaramaiah said, that our goal is to get Karnataka out of hunger.
- Under the scheme in the state, 7 kg of rice is being provided free of cost to the workers and the poor every month.
- Similar canteens will be opened in other cities and towns of the state by studying the good and bad effects of poor in this canteen city.