Indian Railways Passenger Travel Insurance Scheme Start- Get Benefit now
Great News For Railway Passengers –
It will important to note that this scheme was announced in railway budget 2016-17,
As the travel insurance scheme for the passengers has been launched by the Indian Railways. Under the new scheme,
- Railway is providing an insurance cover of Rs. 10 Lakh at a premium of mere 92 Paise.
- Premium Under this scheme can be paid while booking a ticket from irctc website. The insurance is however optional, it is up to you to opt for the insurance cover.
- This facility is available to all those booking e-tickets and traveling by passenger trains except suburban trains.
- This facility is available irrespective of the class.
- Insurance cover would not be applicable to children below 5 years of age and foreign citizens.
The scheme will be applicable for passengers holding confirmed, RAC or wait listed ticket.
Brief Description – Under the scheme
- Insurance company would pay the nominee a sum of Rs. 10 Lakh in case of death or total disability.
- 7.5 Lakh in case of partial disability.
- Upto Rs 2 lakh for hospitalization expenses.
- Rs 10,000 for transportation of mortal remains from the place of a train accident or where an untoward incident, including terrorist attack, dacoity, rioting, shootout or arson, occurs.
Note : The premium will not be refunded in case of cancellation of the ticket.