Indian Railways Auto Upgradation Scheme For Upgrading Sleeper Class Ticket to 3AC For Free
Indian Railways Auto Upgradation Scheme – Indian Railways has come up with a new scheme for upgrading sleeper class ticket to 3AC for free. The name of this scheme is “Indian Railways Auto Upgradation Scheme”. This Upgradation Scheme allows upgrading full-fare paying passengers to the higher class without any extra charge against the available vacant seats in Mail and express trains having sleeping accommodation in a train. Indian Railways has launched this scheme with a view to optimize the utilization of available seats which not only benefits the waitlisted passengers but also benefits railways by filling up the vacant seats in various trains.
Indian Railways Auto Upgradation Scheme
Here we have provided the complete details of the scheme. Here are the 7 major points about Indian Railways Auto Upgradation Scheme –
- Under this scheme, the passengers will be upgraded in one class above only i.e. from sleeper to 3AC, 3AC to 2AC and 2AC to 1AC.
- For availing the benefits of the scheme, all the passengers will have to give the option of being considered for upgradation. The upgradation option will available while booking the ticket online on the IRCTC website. Besides this, if there is no option available at the time of filling up of requisition form, the same is treated as “yes” and passengers can be considered for upgradation.
- The passengers will be selected automatically for the upgradation (except in cases where the passenger has shown his unwillingness to be upgraded) on a random basis by the system at the time of preparation of reservation charts.
- Under this auto upgradation scheme, all the passengers on a single ticket are upgraded together.
- Apart from this, this auto upgradation is not available for block booking transactions.
- In case, if any passenger, who has been upgraded, cancels his ticket, cancellation charges of the original class are payable. Railways has advised to “avail the facility” and always “check the status of the ticket before boarding the train”.
- The tickets booked under senior citizen category and other concession ticket/free passes holders are not upgraded under “Indian Railways Auto Upgradation Scheme”.