Indian BPO Promotion Scheme – भारत बीपीओ संवर्धन योजना – The Central Government of India in coordination with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched the Indian BPO Promotion Scheme – भारत बीपीओ संवर्धन योजना. Under the Digital India program, it is envisaged to encourage the establishment of 48,300 seats for the operation of BPO / ITES across the country. With an outlay of Rs. 493 crores, the ratio of the population of the state has been distributed among each state. This will help in building capacities in the form of infrastructure and manpower in smaller cities and the basis of the next wave of IT / ITES based development will be ready.
Main Features of Indian BPO Promotion Scheme – भारत बीपीओ संवर्धन योजना
- Capital assistance up to 50% of lump sum capital expenditure and/or operating expenditure on acceptable items with a maximum limit of Rs. 1 lakh/seat.
- Special promotion for the employment of women and the people with Disabilities.
- Promotion of employment generation in the state, including rural areas, greater spread and goal.
- Promotion for local entrepreneurs
- Special attention to hill states of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
Considering the operation of the three shifts, there are about 1.5 lakh direct employment opportunities in this scheme. This will also create a good number of indirect employment opportunities. See the RFP document for more information
Employment Opportunities Under Indian BPO Promotion Scheme – भारत बीपीओ संवर्धन योजना
- Total Vacancy – 53,300
- Total Seats Alloted – 33,692
- Total Jobs Generated Till Now – 11,649
- Total Women Got Job – 4,695
BPO Centers Across the Country Under Indian BPO Promotion Scheme – भारत बीपीओ संवर्धन योजना
- 27 States/Union Territory Included
- 103 Cities Included
- 199 Units Allotted
- 87 Running Units
Official Website of Bharat BPO Samvardhan Yojana – www.ibps.stpi.in