Passport Seva Portal: The Indan Government has started Passport Seva Portal where all the citizens can apply for passport online. Ths portal provides a transparency between government and general public. Now the passport applying process has become very easy. In order to provide better services to the general public. The Indian Post and State Police are working togather for delivering the passport. The state police is also working properly in the vefification of passport applicant details. After completing all the process without any issue passport will be delivered to the applicant home.
What is a Passport?
The passport is an important document which is requird for traveling one country to other country for different purpose like tourism, education, business, to meet their family, trade and pigrimage. In the last few years. the government is observing the passport demand is increasing day by day. In order to provide better service, the Ministry of External Affairs introduced the Passport Seva Portal where the people can apply for passport online. Affter filling online application form the applicant will have to go for a one time vist at the passport seva office.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
How to Apply Online for Passport through Passport Seva Portal
- If you want to apply for passport through the online mode you will have to visit Passport Seva Portal.
- On this portal you will have to ragister your self and you will receive your user name and password.
- After that use your login id and password for login on to the portal.
- After that you will see the applicaiton form where you will have to fill all the required details.
- After completing all the process, you will have to schedule your appointment in the passport service center
- To complete the further process selecte your nearest passport service center.
- After getting your apppointment you can make your payment of application fee through the credit / debit card (MasterCard and Visa), Internet Banking (just State Bank of India and Associate Bank) or SBI Bank invoice.
- You can also calculate all the charges of passport services by using online fee calculator.
- You will have to take a print out of application form receipt which contains your appointment number.
- After getting your appointment date you will have to visit your Passport Service Center with your all the original documents Birth proof, Photo ID, proof of residence and proof of nationality.
The people can also apply for Tatkal Passport through the online which will delivered within 10 days. After applying your application will be issued within one working day whithout any police verification. If any police verification required related to the applicant, the application will be issued withing three days. After the completetion of invstigation your passport application will send for further process.
Read More: Apply for Passport through Main Post Offices
The Ministry of External Affairs has also started M-Passport Seva facility for the citizens. In this service, the people can get every information about passport on mobile. With the help of this service the people can also get other nformations like – location of the passport service centers, fees, application status, contact details and other types of information related to the passport.
Passport Services in Rural Areas
The government has also providing passport services in the rural areas with the participation of Common Service Centers. Now the rural area people can also apply for passport online and the government has set passport seva centers district wise where the applicant can go for document verification.
Ministry of External Affairs || Passport Seva/Service Portal || FAQs || Download e-Form || Information of Annexures/Affidavits Required || Passport Offices in India || Locate District Passport Cell || Locate Passport Seva Kendra and Laghu Kendra || National Call Centre/IVRS || Download M-Passport Service App || Website of Common Services Centres Scheme