How to Apply for Uttar Pradesh Samajwadi Pension Yojana 2017-18 (Stepwise)
How to Apply for Uttar Pradesh Samajwadi Pension Yojana : The Central Government of Uttar Pradesh has launched a pension scheme named ‘Uttar Pradesh Samajwadi Pension Yojana’ to extend the financial assistance to the economically weak sections of Uttar Pradesh who reside in rural areas and live under the poverty line.
What is Samajwadi Pension Yojana
The Samajwadi Pension Yojana Scheme was launched on 28th February, 2014 It is expected that this new pension scheme will replace the existing Rani Laxmibai Pension Yojana and benefit nearly 40 lakh rural families living below the poverty line.
Objective of Samajwadi Pension Yojana:
The main motto of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana is to bring an improvement in the economic conditions of poor families. The government is mainly focusing on families without any source of income.
The State Government has set a target of covering following families under this scheme:
12 lakh families belonging to the SC or ST categories.
10 lakh families belonging to minorities groups.
18 lakh families belonging to OBC groups and general class.
Eligibility Criteria for Samajwadi Pension Yojana
- Any family living below poverty line can apply for this scheme online.
- The family should be based in Uttar Pradesh and has proper proof of residence in UP.
- Having a bank account with SBI or any other nationalized banks is mandatory for families to avail the benefits offered by Samajwadi Pension Yojana.
- Families below poverty line.
- The children of the family aged between 6 to 14 years should be enrolled in a government school. They should have 70% attendance.
- If the family is illiterate, the government would ask them to become a part of the Rashtriya Saksharta Mission.
- Families with children below 5 years of age should get them vaccinated in government hospitals.
- Child delivery should be handled with care in the family.
- Private employees, government employees, and income taxpayers are not eligible for this scheme.
- Permanent residents of Uttar Pradesh who have an account in a nationalized bank can avail benefits under this Yojana.
- Applying for the scheme is easy as it can be done online through its official website.
The pension will be allotted to families once proper verification is done. Income tax payers, government, and private employees are not eligible for apply for this scheme.
How to Apply for Uttar Pradesh Samajwadi Pension Yojana
Eligibility and needy applicants can apply for this scheme via online mode by visiting the official website http://sspy-up.gov.in/.
- After visiting the website, follow the steps given below:-
- Log-in to the web page called http://sspy-up.gov.in.
- Click on the option for downloading the Samajwadi Pension Scheme application form and download it.
- Then fill the online application form and attach all required documents.
- Fill in the application form with information such as name, age, father or husband’s name, address, block information, caste details, post office details, Gram Panchayat details, etc.
- After you fill the form by entering all required information, you can save the same and upload it in the website to generate your Samajwadi Pension Yojana account.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
The Samajwadi Pension Yojana is indeed a great move taken by the Uttar Pradesh Government to provide financial aid to the poverty stricken class in UP. The scheme has been made online so that it becomes easily accessible for all. The scheme would give preference to those people belonging to SC/ST category. An amount of 45% has been allotted for families belonging to the OBC category The UP Samajwadi pension scheme will provide a monthly pension of Rs. 500 to each rural family for the year 2014-15. Gradually, the amount will be raised By Rs. 50. The maximum amount of pension offered by the scheme is Rs. 750 per month. The amount offered as pension will be transferred electronically to respective accounts.
Rejection Criteria for Samajwadi Pension Yojana:
- If applicant is already getting Viklang pension Handicapped Pension, Vidhwa pension, Widow Pension, or any other pension such as Old Age Pension.
- If applicant own a motor vehicle.
- If applicant is an income tax payee.
- If is a a pensioner or a government employee.
- If applicant have a land or home of 0.5 hectares.
- If applicant is an employed in a private firm or NGO.
District Wise Samajwadi Pension Yojana List 2016-17
- Mujjaffar Nagar
- Lakhimpur Khiri
- Ambedkar Nagar
- Kanpur Urban
- Siddarth Nagar
- Sant Kabir Nagar
- Kushi Nagar
- Lakhimpur Khiri
Important Links for Samajwadi Pension Yojana