How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana – Training Scheme for Entrepreneurship Education
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has announced launch of Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana to scale up an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for youngsters. Under this scheme, the central government will arrange entrepreneurship education and training programs for youngsters for next 5 years.
Important Announcement of Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana
- The scheme will run for five years from 2016-17 to 2020-21.
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana will have a project cost of about 499.94 Crore.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana, more than 7 Lakh youngsters will be provided entrepreneurship education and training through 3,050 institutes across India.
Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana Important Highlights launched
- The scheme will run for a period of five years from 2016-17 to 2020-2021.
- The project implementation cost would be Rs. 499.94 Crore.
- The scheme will offer education and training about entrepreneurship to over 7 lakh students in 5 years.
- Training will be provided through 3050 Institutes across India.
- The scheme will also offer easy access to information and mentor network, credit and advocacy to build a way-out for the youngsters.
- Institutes under Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana will include 2200 Institutes of Higher Learning (colleges, universities, and premier institutes), 300 schools, 500 ITIs and 50 Entrepreneurship Development Centers.
- The training programs will be carried out by the institutes through Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
Launching Date of Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana was launched on on 9 November 2016 during an event marking the second foundation day of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
News According to Minister of State, MSDE, Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Pradhan Mantri YUVA Yojana has national and international best practices of learning in entrepreneurship education.
Official Website of Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana
- For more details about the scheme, please visit official website of MSDE at http://msde.gov.in