Himachal Pradesh Mukhyamantri Nirog Yojana – The State Government of Himachal Pradesh has announced the Mukhyamantri Nirog Yojana in its state union budget 2018 -19. Under this scheme, the state government will provide free medicines to the needy people of the state. This scheme will be operated by the State Health Departmemnt of Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh Mukhyamantri Nirog Yojana
This is a very ambitious and big initiative of the state government which will make all the tests free of charge. The government will benefit poor people from this scheme. Under this, the Random Blood Sugar Test, blood pressure test, eye test and other tests will be conducted under normal health check. The main objective of this scheme will be to know the probable problems initially by getting them tested so that they can be treated early.
Apply-Himachal Pradesh Mukhyamantri Nirog Yojana
The State Government has made changes in its policies. Previously, the state government was providing 66 medicines free of cost. Now, 330 medicines will be provided free of cost at the government health centers. In addition to this, the government will also provide free insulin and hemophilia medicines for children up to 8 years of age. So far 95 percent vaccination was done for the prevention of diseases like misal and rubella. Now the government’s aim is to make it 100 per cent. In this budget session, the Chief Minister has made a provision of 50 crores.
Benefits of Himachal Pradesh Mukhyamantri Nirog Yojana
- The State Government is going to provide a health coverage of Rs.5 Lakh to every family of the state.
- Under the National Health Protection Scheme, every family will be provided health care up to five lakh rupees per year after being admitted to the hospital in a critical condition such as heart bypass surgery, brain surgery and other illness.
- The aim of this scheme is to make it the world’s largest health care plan.
- Himachal Pradesh is going to give telemedicine facilities to 50 health sub-centers of far-flung areas with its new initiative.
- These health care services will be provided to the citizens in remote areas, at minimal cost through Telemedicine.
- At present, telemedicine programs in Kelang, Kaja and Pooh are underway and will also be started in Pangi.
- There is a budget provision of 2,302 crores for the Department of Health and Medical Education.
- State’s Health Budget is the highest health budget per capita in all states of the country.