Haryana Vivah Shagun Yojana Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme – 2.5 Lakh Assitance
Haryana Vivah Shagun Yojana – The Haryana Government is running Mukhyamantri Samajik Samrasta Antarjatiya Vivah Shagun Yojana with the aim of providing social harmony to Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes in Haryana. This scheme was also run in the past, but recently the application period was extended. Now, the applicants can avail the benefits of this scheme by applying for 3 years instead of 1 year.
Haryana Vivah Shagun Yojana – Launching Details
The Mukhyamantri Antarjatiya Vivah Shagun Yojana is running in Haryana from 2016, but some important decisions have been taken in it on January 12. The decision related to this scheme was taken in a meeting of the District and Tehsil Welfare officials of Haryana. This meeting was chaired by Krishan Kumar Bedi, Scheduled Caste and Backward Classes Welfare Minister of Haryana.
Key Features Of The Scheme
- Communal harmony and backward class welfare are the main objectives of this scheme.
- This scheme will give some amount incentives to those youths or women who have got married in the Backward Classes.
- Under this scheme, if a boy or girl marries in a scheduled caste in Haryana then the state government will give an assistance of Rs.1.01 lakhs.
- In relation to this scheme, instructions have also been given that, if applicants apply at the right time, then they should get this benefit seven days before marriage.
- In such a marriage ceremony, it is necessary for the field legislator or any other public representative to be included.
- In relation to this scheme, instructions have also been given that the authorities also have to ensure that the benefits of this scheme are available to the most vulnerable people.
Haryana Vivah Shagun Yojana Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme – Eligibility Criteria
- This scheme has been launched for Scheduled Castes. Therefore it is mandatory for a groom or a bride to be Scheduled Caste in this scheme, and the second should be of the general category.
- It is compulsory for the bride and groom to be a citizen of Haryana to take advantage of this scheme. With this, both of them should be the first marriage.
Violence caused by inter-caste marriages is common in Haryana. Many such incidents occur in the rural areas of Haryana. This scheme has been launched to prevent such violence and strengthen communal relations. Through this scheme, efforts have been made to develop communal unity by binding the people of different classes together in marriage.