Haryana Vidhur Pension Yojana (हरियाणा विधुर पेंशन योजना) will also be implemented on the lines of widow pension in the state. This scheme will be implemented in the next financial year. The benefit of this scheme can be avail by the widower of 45 years of age or older who have children. This information was given by the Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Krishna Kumar Bedi in the Assembly.
MLA Ravindra Mokharuli asked the question about it. The Minister said that the file of the scheme has been sent to the Finance Department. Once implemented, it will be implemented. Minister of State Bedi told that the pension can be effective from April 1. The widowers may get a pension of Rs 1800. If someone remarries, the pension will be closed.
After this question was asked in the assembly, CM Manohar Lal Khattar mentioned that his government will announce it soon. Even then the announcement was not made so that in the budget session he again put this question in the assembly. This time The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment himself responded and this pension will start soon in Haryana.
Benefit Of Vidhur Pension Yojana (VPY)
- Widower pension scheme is the first such scheme in the country which has been started for men.
- This plan is for those whose wife has died.
- This scheme will benefit the widower people.
- The state government will provide monthly pension of Rs. 1600 under this scheme.
- The Haryana Government is bringing equality among the men and women of the state.
Eligibility Criteria for Vidhur Pension Yojana
- Applicant should be a resident of Haryana State.
- A widower (man who has lost his wife) is eligible for this scheme.
- This scheme is for poor people only.
- This scheme is for those people who do not have the means of income.