Haryana Sanitary Napkins Distribution Scheme for School Girls & Women
Haryana Sanitary Napkins Distribution Scheme – The Haryana Government is going to launch its new Haryana Sanitary Napkins Distribution Scheme. Under this scheme, the state government will provide Sanitary Pads to Girl Students in just Rs. 1. However, these affordable sanitary pads will be provided to all the girls who are studying in government schools for menstrual hygiene. Besides, those women will also get the benefit of this scheme who belongs to the BPL families.
Haryana Sanitary Napkins Distribution Scheme
One thing is to remember that these sanitary pads will be provided to all government schools girls whose age below 18 years. Besides, above 18 years women will get these sanitary pads through the Public Distribution System at ration shops every month. As per the information, this scheme will be launched on 1 August 2018 with the help of education department and health department.
Benefits of Haryana Sanitary Napkins Distribution Scheme
- The state government will provide Sanitary Napkins at just Rs. 1.
- These napkins are affordable and these sanitary pads can easily dispose of.
- The BPL poor families women can also take the benefit of the scheme.
- The schooling girls and women will get more relief with the help of Haryana Sanitary Napkins Scheme.
- This scheme will help to make a safe and clean environment during mensuration.
- This is an initial step to make a healthy environment related to the women health.
The state government will implement this scheme from 1st August 2018. According to the survey, in the financial year of 2015-16 about 58% young women and girls between the age of 15 to 24 years. They are still using cloth during mensuration. About 42% young women using sanitary napkins while off these 16% women are using locally manufactured sanitary pads.
According to the urban areas health survey report, about 78% women in urban areas use hygienic sanitary napkins while only 48% women in rural areas using clean sanitary napkins. This is very important to make aware the rural women to use sanitary pads during menstruation.
The girls will get the sanitary pads in the schools and women can also get sanitary pads from Public Distribution System at ration shops at just Rs. 1.