Gujarat Cotton Farmers Bonus Yojana 2017 – Cotton Procurement Process
Gujarat Cotton Farmers Bonus Yojana 2017 – The state government of Gujarat has announced the Gujarat Cotton Farmers Bonus Yojana 2017 for the state’s cotton farmers for Kharif 2017. Under this scheme, the Gujarat Government has declared a bonus of 100 rupees per 20 kg for the cotton and above and above the Minimum Support Price (MSP). The bonus of Rs.100 per kg of cotton will help farmers of cotton to get beneficial prices for their produce. Now the farmers of the state will be happy and cotton crops will be encouraged to grow. An official release said that Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said here last night.
Details of Gujarat Cotton Farmers Bonus Yojana 2017
Rupani was present here to participate in many programs. The bonus will be paid above and above MSP declared by the government and the farmers will be given their products to sell to the Cotton Corporation of India. Gujarat produces three types of cotton which is MSP 804 rupees to 2064 rupees per 864 rupees. The bonus amount will be the same for all varieties. This step will put a financial burden of Rs 1,250 crore on the public exchequer. Gujarat is one of the states where there is a lot of cotton cultivation after Maharashtra and Telangana. The state government of Gujarat is going to invest Rs 1250 crore under cotton cultivator bonus scheme 2017.
Read More: Complete List of Gujarat Government Schemes
Cotton Procurement Process under Gujarat Cotton Farmers Bonus Yojana 2017
- After the launch of this scheme, the state government will implement a new law for the purchase of cotton crops under this scheme.
- MSP Minimum Support Price + The purchase of cotton at the rate of the bonus will start from November 1, out of 56 out of 56 procurement centers in the state.
- Acreage of cotton in the state was 26.41 lakh hectares, which is 5 percent less than the normal average of 27.25 lakh hectares in the state.
- Fund will be the implementing agency for PMFBY in the state.
- Meanwhile, in a separate announcement, the state government has approved the formation of State Crop Insurance Fund under the Prime Minister’s Crop Insurance Scheme.