Gujarat Beti Bachao Scheme – Complete Details
Gujarat Beti Bachao Scheme – The Gujarat Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched the ambitious Beti Bachao Scheme for the girls of the state. Gujarat is suffering from one of the poor outcomes of gender-based discrimination and the state average of child sex ratio (0-6 years) deny dramatically.
Details of the Scheme
A unique step of Gujarat government has changed negative families and community attitude towards the girl child and her mother. Under this scheme, one-time financial help is also given to the receiver.
Objectives of Gujarat Beti Bachao Scheme
- The main motto of the ‘Beti Bachao Campaign’ is to empower and save girl child or ensure safety and security of girl. This scheme is also famously known as Beti Vadhaao Abhiyan.
- Scheme to improve the sex ratio
- Scheme to ensure the rightful place of pleasure in society for a girl child, to guarantee her of her safety and security.
- Scheme to promote the birth of the girl child.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Beti Bachao Scheme focuses to change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child
- Under this scheme financial help of Rs. 6000 is given to a family having only one daughter and no son.
- Under this scheme financial help of Rs. 5000 is given to a family having two daughters and no son.
- You must be a resident of Gujarat State.
- Below Poverty Line card holder are eligible
- Age of the women should be below 35 years
- When there is only one daughter, the age of the daughter should be more than one year
- Social Defence Certificate is given to families who adopt family planning after having one or two daughters or and have no son.
- Residence proof: Domicile certificate\ Electricity bill
- Identity proof: Aadhar card\ Voter ID
- Women’s age proof: birth certificate etc.
- BPL Ration card
- Passport size photo
- Bank passbook copy
- Bank details e.g. IFSC code, MICR code, Account no.
How to Apply for Beti Bachao Scheme Gujarat
- Candidate women should visit the Nearest Anganwadi center or Department of Women and Child Development.
- Anganwadi worker/ Anganwadi Helper
- Applicant women can contact to Nearest Department of Women and Child Development
Use Some Important Links
Official Website of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana – http://www.wcd.nic.in/bbbp-schemes