Green Revolution-Krishonnati Scheme – The Prime Minister Narendra Modi Chaired Cabinet Committee approved two years extension for Green Revolution-Krishonnati Scheme which aims to double farmers’ income by 2022. The motive of this scheme is to bring together under one umbrella 11 agricultural schemes besides their effective monitoring.
Green Revolution-Krishonnati Scheme
The Green Revolution-Krishonnati Scheme was launched last year. The extension under this scheme has been approved for continuation under the 12th Plan. Under this scheme, the central government will contribute Rs 33,279 crore for three years i.e. 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.
The Central Government of India has decided to bring together 11 schemes into one umbrella scheme for fulfilling the promise of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
The main motive of these schemes is the development of the agriculture and allied sector in a holistic and scientific manner for increasing the farmers’ income by 2022 by enhancing the production, productivity and better returns on produce.
There are a total number of 11 schemes under this campaign (Umbrella Scheme). Out of these, the major schemes are as follows –
- Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH)
- National Food Security Mission (NFSM)
- National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA)
- Sub-Mission on Agricultural Mechanisation (SMAM
- Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Marketing (ISAM)
Besides this the other schemes are as follows –
- Submission on Agriculture Extension (SMAE)
- Sub Mission on Seeds and Planting Material (SMSP)
- Sub Mission on Plant Protection and Plant Quarantine (SMPPQ)
- Integrated Scheme on Agriculture Census
- Economics and Statistics (ISACES)
- Integrated Scheme on Agricultural Cooperation (ISAC)
- National e-Governance Plan (NeGP-A)
The main motive of these welfare schemes launched for the welfare of the farmers of the nation is to create and strengthening the infrastructure for production, reducing production cost and marketing of agriculture and allied products.