Govt launches mobile dal-bhat kitchen – complete details
mobile dal-bhat kitchen scheme
– After considerably successful implementation of Mukhyamantri Dal-Bhat Yojna, the government has okayed to take it to the next level with launching mobile dal-bhat vans in the State Ranchi soon under mobile dal-bhat kitchen scheme.
What is mobile dal-bhat kitchen Scheme
- The mobile vans containing Dal-Bhat and one vegetable for one time meal of 300 people at a rate of `5 each would be run in districts for those daily labourers and other under-privileged people.
- The mobile vans would be operated from district headquarters of Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Dumka and Palamu to start with in the first phase.
- The plan would be replicated in other districts and rural areas of the state in later stages as per demand. Ranchi, Dhanbad and Jamshedpur will have two each and Dumka and Palamu one each van to kick off the plan.
- The van, which will cost `500 every day to the exchequer, including all major expenses, will be run by a private operator at their own expense on daily basis.
- Operators would be provided 60 kg of rice every day at a cost of `1/Kg and 3.5 kg nutria-nugget absolutely free. However, they will have to arrange other ingredients including pulses by themselves.
- Vans would be run by Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) elected through transparent ways by the district administration.
- Van would reach out to the hands of daily wage labourers, masons, rickshaw pullers, coolies, carpenters and likewise, along with those who were unable to earn their daily bread and butter.
- Plate would contain 200g of rice, pulse and nutri-nagget/gram vegetable in appropriate proportion one time every day.