Ladli Laxmi Scheme Goa
Goa State Government has introduced Ladli Laxmi Scheme in association with Women and Child Welfare department for girls. Under this scheme, state government provides financial assistance of Rs. 1 Lakh for girl’s marriage who are 18 years or above.
The girls who are between the age group of 18 to 40 years are eligible for this scheme. The main motto of the scheme is to overcome financial difficulties face by the parents during their daughter’s marriage.
This scheme has been started with an aim of improving health and educational status of the girls in the State, to provide them better future, to prevent female feticide and to bring the positive attitude among people towards girl child birth.
The State Government has sanctioned a fund of Rs. 150 crores for this scheme and five banks enrolled with the Women and Child Welfare department for Ladli Laxmi Scheme.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
The main motto of the scheme is to creating positive thinking about girls among the masses, improvement in gender ratio and providing financial assistance to girls for their marriage.
Around 10,000 marriages registered every year in Goa. The government will deposit money on their name in the bank, which can be withdrawn after showing the marriage certificate and declaration of the marriage
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits of financial assistance of Rs. 1 Lakh to girls for their marriage.
- Girls who are between the age group of 18-40 years are benefitted under this scheme.
- Applicant must be Girl.
- Applicant must be resident of Goa
- Only girls are eligible for this scheme
- Girls must be between 18-40 years of age
- Applicant must be a resident of Goa state more than 15 years.
- Identity card such as Aadhaar card
- Birth certificate
- Residence Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Education certificate
- Self Certified copy of the Civil Marriage Registration Certificate
- School leaving certificate of the parent
- Bank account details
- Passport size photos
- Applicant should fill the application form and attach all essential documents.
- After, submit the application form to the Director of Women and Child Development office in Goa.