E Foreigners Regional Registration Office (e FRRO) Scheme: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has launched a new scheme named “E FRRO Scheme” which is specially launched for foreigners. In this scheme, the government will provide efficient services to foreigners visiting India.
E FRRO Scheme Objective
The main objective of e-Foreigners Regional Registration Office (e-FRRO) Scheme is to launch for providing fast and efficient services to foreigners. Actually, this is a web-based application. The government is expecting that this service will help the for foreigners to pleasant stay in India.
Benefits of E FRRO Scheme
This web application will create a centralized, transparent online platform where foreigners can avail the visa related services. With the help of this new web application, the foreigners can also avail the benefit of 27 Visa and Immigration related services in India from their place.
It will also provide some other services such as:-
- Faceless Service
- Cashless Service
- Paperless Services
- User-friendly Experience to the Foreigners
Complete Procedure for Apply e FRRO Scheme
The foreigners will have to apply online on the portal to avail the services. The foreigners can avail these services through email or post without appearing at the FRRO Office.
- The applicant will have to follow some easy steps to apply online on the portal:-
- First of all, the applicant will have to create their own User ID and Password on the portal.
- After creating User ID and Password, the applicant can apply online for various Visa and Immigration related services in India.
- After completing the applying procedure, the applicant will have to send the necessary immigration or visa documents by post on the address mentioned in the online application. Besides, the required documents can also be sent by the electronically to the registered email ID.
According to the government plan, e FRRO Scheme has already been implemented in four cities in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai. Now, this scheme has also been started in eight more cities FRROs- Kolkata, Amritsar, Hyderabad, Cochin, Thiruvananthapuram, Calicut, Lucknow and Ahmedabad.