Doubling Farmers Income by 2022 – 1.5 Times of Total Expenditure Provided to Farmers
Doubling Farmers Income by 2022 – The Central Government of India is continuously focusing on the development of the farmers of the country and promoting the agriculture in India. The government is making an overall effort to deal with the challenges of the agriculture sector and its goal is “Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022” and make their lives easier.
State Government is also emphasizing on farmers and agriculture and launched various schemes under “Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022” such as – Uttar Pradesh Kisan Rin Mochan Yojana, Maharashtra CSMSSY Loan Waiver Scheme etc.
Government Took Decision to Provide Minimum Support Price (MSP) of Notified Crops, One and a Half Times (डेढ़ गुना) of their Expenditure (लागत मूल्य)
Expenditure of the Crop will Include –
- Labor wage by the farmer and his family members
- Labor wage paid to other workers in the field
- Expenditure of cattle and machines in case of its own
- Rent of cattle and machines in the case of taken on rent
- Cost of seed
- The expenditure of every kind of manure used in the field
- Irrigation expenditures
- Land revenue given to the state government
- Interest on working capital
- Leased land rent
Hence, all the above-mentioned expenditures will br given by the Central Government to the farmers.
Steps Taken by Government for Doubling Farmers Income by 2022
- More than 11 crore soil health cards have been distributed so far. The result of 100% neem coating of urea has also been exposed in the form of reducing expenditure on fertilizers, besides increasing productivity.
- The premium of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana has been reduced. The maximum limit on insurance has been eliminated.
- Water is envisaged for each farm in the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana. 80,000 crore is being spent to complete the pending projects in the irrigation sector.
- The Kisan Sampada Yojana is helping the farm to strengthen the supply chain and create modern agricultural infrastructure.
- Operation Greens announced in the budget will be beneficial for the farmers to grow fruits and vegetables, especially tomatoes, onions and potatoes.
- Several model laws related to the welfare of the farmers have been made and the states have been urged to implement them.
- The government is working on ensuring that farmers get modern seeds, adequate power supply and simple market facility.
- Rural retail agricultural markets have been envisaged in the general budget. 22,000 rural hats will be upgraded with necessary infrastructure and will be consolidated with APMC and ‘e-Nam’ platform.
“Khushaal Kisan, Samrddh Rashtr”
“खुशहाल किसान, समर्द्ध राष्ट्र”