Digital Police Portal – The Union Home Ministry has launched a new Digital Police Portal which is also called CCTNS (Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System). The government has launched this portal to provide all the information of the crime and criminals online. This service will help the people to get a fast justice.
Objectives of Digital Police Portal
The government has started this portal to provide all the important details related to the crimes and criminals. The people can register their complaints online and they can also check the status of the complaint.
Services of Digital Police Portal
- On this portal the people can register their complaint easily.
- This portal provides online complaint facility to the citizens, they can register their online complaint and they can request for background verification.
- This portal provide any person background status by the verification..
- This portal contains all the databse of the national crime and criminal. The investigating officers can easily access all the information from any where.
- This portal provides 11 search and 46 reports to the State Police and Central investigative agencies from the natonal details.
- Besides, the people can also get benefit of this portal like – police verification for different purposes such as issuance of passport, reporting a crime and online tracking of the case progress, online reporting of grievances against police officials, accessing victim compensation fund and legal services etc.
Features of Digital Police Portal
- This service has been started with the worth Rs. 2000 Crore.
- This portal contains a record of more than seven crore criminal cases. Under this, about 13,775 police stations are connected with this from 15, 398 different locations.
- The other agencies like CBI and Research agencies have also provided logs for digital police details to access crime statistics.
- This portal provides 100% data of the 15398 locations.
- It is connected with 15398 police stations and 5000 additional police officers across the country.
How to Register On Digital Police Portal
Step 1 – Visit this Portal as you can see in the image.
Step 2 – Click on Request A Person Verification In Sevices for Citizen Column
Step 3 – Click On Login
Step 4 – Click On New User Registration
Step 5 – Fill all the required fileds and Click on Register button.
Step 6 – After completion of the registration process, you will receive your login ID and password on your registered mobile number and email id through the SMS and email.
How to Register Online Complaint or Report A Crime
- Visit the PORTAL
- Click on Report a Crime In Sevices for Citizen Column
- Login to the Portal and Register your complaint
How to Request A Personal Police Verification Online
- Visit the PORTAL
- Click on Request A Person Verification In Sevices for Citizen Column
- Login to the Portal
- Select the Type of Verification
- Enter the details
- And save the details
Statewise Police Citizen Portals