The Delhi State Government is considering to launch a Solar Energy scheme to promote power-loom sector. This scheme will protect the interest of the power-loom weavers.It is prepared to provide financial assistance subsidy to small power-loom units.
Under Solar Energy Scheme, the plants have two options – On Grid Solar Power Plant where power shortage is negligible and power tariff is high and Off Grid Solar Power Plant in areas where there is power shortage & on-grid power is not continuously available.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
Under this scheme, the state government will provide financial assistance and capital subsidy to the extent of 50 percent, 75 percent and 90 percent of the basic cost of the solar energy plant to applicants.
Under the scheme, subsidies for different SPV plants will be given in the range of Rs 2,25,000 to Rs 8,55,000 depending upon the capacity of the SPV plant and the category viz General, SC or ST.
Key Highlights of the Program:
- This scheme will target group housing societies (GHS).
- There will be Force on RESCO model of solar installation for larger installations.
- GBI is extended for a period of five years starting from 2019-20. It will also cover solar installations in residential sector including GHS; both for existing solar installation and new installations for which MNRE approval has been obtained.
- For a typical solar power project, this will amount to GBI payment of ₹13,000 (~$186)/kW in five years. This payment will amount to 22-25 percent of benchmark costs.
- GBI disbursement will be made on half-yearly basis so that consumers have government support in form of GBI in the first year of solar installation without affecting the matter of quality.
- The instrument of GBI will also be used as the payment security mechanism. In case a consumer fails to make payment to the installer, GBI may be passed on to the installer.
- This payment security mechanism for five years will be applicable to RESCO model.
- The new GBI will also cover already installed solar plants till new tenders are finalized. Such installation will be allowed GBI benefits for five years period from the date of installation.
- IPGCL will be the bid coordinator on behalf of power department.
The new policy has drawn its elements from some of the best practices