Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana – Complete Details
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (दीन दयाल उपाध्याय ग्राम ज्योति योजना) (DDUGJY) is a Government of India scheme designed to provide continuous power supply to rural India.
The initiative is named in honor of Indian political philosopher Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
Launching Details of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) on 25th July 2015 in Patna.
The DDUGJY is one of the flagship programmes of the Ministry of Power and will facilitate 24×7 supply of power.
This scheme will enable to initiate much awaited reforms in the rural areas. It focuses on
- feeder separation (rural households & agricultural) and
- strengthening of sub-transmission & distribution infrastructure including metering at all levels in rural areas.
This will help in providing power to rural households and adequate power to agricultural consumers which will help i developing rural areas of India
Note: Rajeev Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) has been subsumed in this new scheme
Reason Behind Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana ?
The rural agricultural and non-Agriculture consumers (domestic and non-domestic load) of the country are generally serviced through the local distribution network these are the following reasons that are the major for launching this scheme
- Many rural areas of the country face insufficient electricity supply and in turn affecting the power supply to both Agriculture and non-Agriculture consumers.
- The demand of power in rural areas is increasing day by day due to changing consumer base
- Improving living standards for which augmentation of rural infrastructure needs to be regularly undertaken and it is very important to provide to maintain the rural development.
Keeping in view the above problems, Ministry of Power, Government of India has launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana for rural areas .
Objectives of Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
The main objective of Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana is to provide electrification to all villages , also these are the following objectives aimed.
- Feeder separation to ensure sufficient power to farmers and regular supply to other consumers
- Improvement of Sub-transmission and distribution network to improve the quality and reliability of the supply
- Metering to reduce the losses
Financial Support For Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
DDUJGY has an outlay of RS 760 billion for implementation of the projects under which Government of India shall provide Grant of Rs 630 billion so far.
Complete Detail of benifits under Gram Jyoti Yojana
- All villages and households shall be electrified
- Increase in agriculture yield
- Business of Small and household enterprises shall grow resulting in new avenues for employment
- Improvement in Health, Education, Banking (ATM) services
- Improvement in accessibility to radio, telephone, television, internet and mobile etc.
- Betterment in social security due to availability of electricity
- Accessibility of electricity to schools, panchayats, hospitals and police stations etc.
- Rural areas shall get increased opportunities for comprehensive development
Recent Updated Statistics of DDUGJY
Out of 597,464 census villages, 589,682 villages (98.6%) have been electrified.
Official Website For DDUGJY
For moe detailed information download thw following attachment – Deendayal_Upadhyaya_Gram_Jyoti_Yojana