Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Scholarship for Students Collecting Stamps
The Modi government has started its new Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana (Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby). This scheme is launched on 03 November 2017 by the Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha. This is an initial step taken by the central government to increase the reach of Philately. The government will provide a scholarship to the students who are pursuing Philately as a hoppy. The eligible students can take the benefit of this scheme by using their efforts and need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the scheme.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Objective
This is a scholarship program which is specially launched for school children. Under the scheme, the government will give annual scholarships to the students of VI to IX having good academic record and also be pursuing Philately as a hobby.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Benefits
- In this scheme, the government will give award 920 scholarships for those students who are pursuing Philately as a hobby.
- About 40 scholarships will be selected by every postal circle. 10 students will be selected from each class of VI, VII, VIII and IX.
- In this scheme, an amount of Rs 6,000 per annum and Rs. 500 per month will be provided as a scholarship to the student.
- The scholarship will be provided quarterly to the regular students who are studying in class VI-IX in recognized schools.
- This scholarship will be provided only for those students who will be eligible and qualify the selection procedure as per the terms & condition.
- The scholarship will be provided for one year and there would be no bar on an already selected student applying for the scholarship next year provided he/she fulfills other criteria.
- The candidate must be a student of a recognized school within India
- The concerned school should have a Philately Club and the candidate should be a member of the Club.
- In case the School Philately Club has not been established a student having his own Philately Deposit Account may also be considered.
- The candidate must have good academic record. Candidate must have at least 60% marks or equivalent grade/grade point in the recent final examination. There will be 5% relaxation for SC/ST.
Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana Selection Procedure
- Under this scheme, the students will be selected on the basis of evaluation of the project work on Philately & performance in Philately Quiz conducted by the Circles.
- A committee constituted at the circle level consisting of Postal Officials and renowned Philatelists would evaluate the Project work on Philately submitted by the candidate.
- At the time of issuance of the notification, the circle will provide a list of topics which project has to be made.
Download Information Booklet
Use Some Important Links