Pandit Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana – The Communication Minister Shri Manoj Sinha launched the Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana was launched to promote the postage stamp collection. This is a scholarship scheme started for school children across India.
Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana
Under the ‘SPARSH’ Yojana, all children from class VI to IX will be given annually scholarship, whose academic results have been very good. Apart from this, these students must have selected the postal stamp collection as an interest.
Highlights of DEEN Dayal Sparsh Yojana
- Under this scheme, students interested in stamp collection will be selected on the basis of a competitive process to be held in all the postal circles.
- At the beginning of the scheme, it has proposed to provide about 920 scholarships.
- A maximum of 40 students will be selected by each postal circle. Under this, 10-10 students from each class will be selected in classes VI, VII, VIII, and IX.
- Under this, the amount of Rupees 500 (Rupees 6000 per annum) will be provided in the form of scholarship per month.
- In order to get scholarship under this scheme, the said children should be a student of the registered school, and the said school should also be a member of the postal stamp collecting club and the child should be a member of this club.
- If there is no stamp collection in any school, then those students who have accounts of postal stamp collections, such students will also be considered eligible under this scheme.
- Any school participating in this competition will be given the opportunity to choose a guide from the list of famous postal collectors.
- In fact, the ‘touch’ scheme will be based on project work and quiz on postage.
What is the Role of Guiding School?
- This guide will provide assistance to the said school in the establishment of a postage stamp club at the school level.
- Apart from this, the youth will also provide guidance to the stamp collectors to adopt their hobby and work on an effective level in this direction.
Postal Stamp Collection (Philately)
- This is an art related to the collection and study of postage stamps. This includes the collection, promotion and research-related activities of postage stamps and related activities.
- The task of finding, marking, receiving, listing, displaying and storing postal stamps is also included in the postal stamp collection.
- It is important that the stamp collecting interest is called “King of Interest” in all respects.
- The reason for this is that it is of interest to many educational activities, in which information about the economic, social and political reality of different time period is obtained.