Cuttack city of Odisha will get 2044 houses under PM Awas Yojana
PM Awas Yojana news
District administration has announced to construct 2044 houses in a bid to provide affordable houses to poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) in Cuttack – which is also known as Silver city of India (Former city of Odisha)
PM Awas Yojana
Commission Mayer Statement – Cuttack Municipal Commission mayor Minakshi Behera chaired a meeting Wednesday to discuss problems faced by the homeless poor in the city . During the following meeting they decided to construct 2044 houses within a year under the PMAY that will be launched from next month i.e October.
So far 1604 beneficiaries have already registered for the scheme.
Who is eligible for the houses under Pmay –
- Families with annual income less than `1,80,000 are eligible for house under the central scheme.
- Besides, it is mandatory for the beneficiaries to have
- At least one dismil land
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account.
- 60,000 bank balance in account
Detail of House and funding by government –
- Each family will be provided a house of 300 square feet costing `2 lakh. While the Centre will give `1,50,000, the state’s share is `50,000.
- The government will give `75,000 for laying the foundation, `35,000 for the construction of super structure, `35,000 for roof, `35,000 for toilet and `20,000 for other expenses.
CMC commissioner Gyana Das, additional commissioner Bharat Chandra Behera, slum development officer and deputy commissioner Nirupama Swain, various departmental officials and corp orators were present at the meeting.
Stay connected for further updates under pamy.