Chhattisgarh Free Smartphone Scheme 2018 – 50 Lakh Smartphone Distribution Start from May 2018
Chhattisgarh Free Smartphone Scheme 2018 / Sanchar Kranti Yojana – The State Government of Chhattisgarh is going to provide Free Smartphones to more than 50 Lakh people under Sanchar Kranti Yojana (SKY). The state government will give priority to the women heads of the households under the Free Smartphone Distribution Scheme. The Chhattisgarh government will initiate the Free Smartphone Distribution for reducing the digital divide during the “Vikas Yatra Campaign” in May 2018.
Sanchar Kranti Yojana
For the Chhattisgarh Free Smartphone Scheme 2018, the state government has made Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society (CHiPS) the nodal implementing agency. The agency has already made all the required preparations for the distribution of the smartphones.
Apart from this, under this scheme, there is also the provision for service providers to install towers on government buildings absolutely free. This scheme is expandable but the company has to pay the service cost.
The Chhattisgarh Free Smartphone Scheme was launched for the distribution of the 55 lakh smartphones. Besides this, it will be implemented in 2 phases. In the 1st phase, the state government will distribute about 50 lakh smartphones while the rest 5 lakh will be distributed in the 2nd phase.
Chhattisgarh Free Smartphone Scheme
The main motive of this free smartphone scheme is to make poor people digital by providing them free smartphones and increase mobile connectivity in the state. Here is the full information related to the Free Smartphone Distribution Scheme / Sanchar Kranti Yojana –
- Rural areas / Villages –
- In the Ist phase of Chhattisgarh Free Smartphone Scheme, about 40 lakh women heads of the families residing in villages will be provided free smartphones.
- The Selection of beneficiaries in rural areas (villages) will be done by the Panchayat and Rural Development department.
- It will enhance the mobile phone connectivity in rural areas which presently stands at 29% of total rural areas.
- This scheme will ensure phone connectivity in 13,900 villages.
- Rural area citizens can use these smartphones to access the citizen-centric services through 11,000 Common Service Centers (CSCs) of CHIPS in remote areas.
- Urban Areas –
- Apart from all this, the state government will distribute about 5 lakh smartphones to the women heads of poor families living in urban areas.
- The Selection of beneficiaries in urban areas will be done by the Urban Development Department.
- College Students
- The rest 5 lakh free smartphones will be provided to the college students. For this purpose, the state government has arranged high quality smartphones.
- The implementation of this free smartphones scheme in colleges will be done by the Higher Education Department.
- Thus, the state government will distribute a total number of 50 lakh smartphones in the first phase of the scheme. The distribution will be started from May 2018.
- Besides this, after the distribution of the phones, the users will be asked to link their smartphones with Aadhaar Number and Bank Accounts to prevent its misuse.
Apart from this, in the IInd phase, all the villages with less than 1,000 population will get 5 lakh smartphones.
For more Chhattisgarh Government Schemes, stay connected with us. Thank You!!!