Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme – The State Government of Chhattisgarh has launched Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme for the youth of Chhattisgarh. Under this scheme, the government will provide loan to the educated unemployed youth who want to start their own business in the state. This scheme was introduced on the occasion of 15 August in 2017 by the Chief Minister Raman Singh.
Objective of Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme
The Chhattisgarh Government has launched this scheme to provide new job opportunities to the educated unemployed youth of the state. The main objective of this scheme is to provide loan to the educated unemployed who want to start their own business. However, this type of scheme is already running in other states like – Karnataka, Assam, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana. Besides, the central government is also running Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Srijan Yojana.
This scheme has get the approval for implementation in the state. The benefit of the scheme will be given to the educated unemmployed youth of the rural areas who start industrial unit in the villages. As pe the details, this scheme was launched to improve the development of the handloom weavers in the state. In this scheme, the financially weak weavers of the rural areas will be provided four month training to generate more employment.
Benefits of Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme
- This scheme will encourage the educated unemployed youth to start their own business.
- Under this scheme, the government will provide loan to the youth to start new business.
- This scheme help to generate new job opportunites to the other unemployed youth.
- The benefit of the scheme will be given to the rural areas educated unemployed youth.
- The youth will have to invest only 5% and the rest of the amount will be invested by the local bank.
Highlights of the Scheme
- As per the scheme, those youth will get a loan up to Rs. 1.50 lakh who has passed at least Fifth class.
- While Eight class passed youth will get a loan up to Rs. 3 lakh for self-employment.
- In this scheme, the youth will have to invest only 5% of investment and the remaining amount will be invested by the local bank. As a benefit the beneficiaty will have to return only 65% loan amount in easy installments.
- The government will also setup training centers in Dharamapura village of Bastar District in Chhattisgarh. The youth would be trained to setup the industrial units in the village and how can they grow their business.
Here are few categories
- Testing laboratory (Including equipment)
- Design centre (Including equipment)
- Training Centre
- Trade & display centre
- Conferencing and meeting facilities
- Warehouse/ raw material depot
- Packaging unit Canteen and worker hostels and Recreation Centre in which anyone would be able to start their self-employment business.