Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme
Chhattisgarh Government has all set to launch its Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme (CMEGP) for rural youth of Chhattisgarh. This scheme will be launched by the state government on 15 August 2017 on 15 August on the occasion of 70th Independence Day and completion of 5000 days of Raman Singh in CM office.
Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Scheme is a state level scheme which has been implemented in many states i.e.Karnataka, Assam, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana etc and Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Scheme is benefiting the people from across the nation which is being implemented by KVIC /KVIB /DIC.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has given the approval to the proposal of Board Chairman Krishna Kumar Rai for implementing the scheme. Under the Chief Minister Employment Generation Scheme (CMEGP), educated the unemployed youth of a village will be provided a loan to start industrial units in the village.
According to the Officials of Village Industries Department, this scheme was started for the development of handloom weavers of the State, under which financially weak weavers of rural areas are divided into groups of 20 and are provided weaving training of four months so as to make them more employable.
Highlights of the Scheme
- Fifth standard passed youth will get a loan upto Rs. 1.0 lakh for self-employment
- Eighth standard passed youth will get a loan upto Rs. 3 lakh.
- According to the information, the youth will have to invest only 5% of investment rest of it will be invested by the local bank. The youth would have to pay only 65 per cent of the loans in easy installments.
- As per the sources, the state government will be setting up an Apparel Design and Training Centre at Dharampura village of Bastar district. Training would be provided for setting up the industrial unit so that unemployed youth can maintain and grow their business.
Here are few categories
- Testing laboratory (Including equipment)
- Design centre (Including equipment)
- Training Centre
- Trade & display centre
- Conferencing and meeting facilities
- Warehouse/ raw material depot
- Packaging unit Canteen and worker hostels and Recreation Centre in which anyone would be able to start their self-employment business.