Bihar Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana for Poor BPL Families Girls
What is Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
Bihar Chief Minister Mr. Nitish Kumar has launched a new welfare scheme named ‘Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana’ to provide financial benefits to the girls of the state.
Under this scheme, the girls belong to a BPL (below poverty line) families will be provided a financial assistance of Rs. 2000. This step will help to control female foeticide and focus on girl education in Bihar. This scheme will provide education benefits to a girl child and will also overcome sex ratio in India. Bihar government will invest an amount of Rs. 2000 in the name of a girl child in Child Carrier Balance Plan of UTI Fund.
Objectives Of Mukhyamantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
- To increase girl child birth.
- In Order to maintain the balance of sex ratio.
- In Order to motivate girl child towards education.
- In Order to promote women empowerment.
- In Order to eliminate female foeticide in India.
Eligibility Criteria For Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
- The applicant must be a girl.
- The applicant must belong to a BPL Family.
- Applicant’s age must be more than 3 years.
- Applicant’s birth registration should be done within one year.
- Only two girls in a BPL family can get the benefits of this scheme.
How To Apply For Mukhya Mantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana
The applicant can contact the Child Development Project Officer of his area. The parents of girl child will have to contact to nearest Anganwadi Project Officer through Director of Social Welfare in Bihar to apply for getting benefits of the scheme.