Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
बेटी बचाओ, बेटी पढ़ाओ, (Save girl child, educate girl child)
According to prime minister – Mr Narenda Modi : “Our Mantra should be: ‘Beta Beti, Ek Samaan’” .
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP)
“save daughter, educate daughter” is a Scheme that fits its words means it aims to generate awareness among Indian Women and by saying this improve the efficiency of welfare services meant for women. BBBP Scheme was launched by the Prime Minister on 22nd January, 2015 at Panipat of Haryana State.
The scheme will have focused intervention and multi-section action in almost 100 districts with low Child Sex Ratio (CSR) So from 2015 women and girl child are going to be highly beneficial and an awareness and empowerment will increase among society specially women.
What is BBBP and Beti bacahao Beti Padhao) Scheme
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme addresses the declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR) and related issues of women empowerment over a life-cycle continuum.
It is a tri-ministerial effort of Ministries of India
- Women and Child Development
- Health & Family Welfare
- Human Resource Development.
According to census data, the child sex ratio ranging f(0–6 years) in India was 927 girls per 1,000 boys in 2001, which dropped drastically to 918 girls for every 1,000 boys in 2011. A 2012 UNICEF report ranked India 41st among 195 countries.
Objective and Primitives of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
The Overall Goal of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao(BBBP) Scheme is to Celebrate the Girl Child & Enable her Education . This Yojana was launched under these objectives and perspectives,
- Prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination
Today a large amount of female ratio is missing in ASIA . And india is top most country among this sex discrmination .So under this scheme it will be mainly focused the female male ratio and a huge step will be made towards prevention of Gender biased sex elimination.
2. Ensuring survival & protection of the girl child –
Every day you see in news a lot of cases arise that a female foetus , an unborn female child was found dead wrapped in newspapers in dustbin, near railway station and in other areas. These happening make our country so sick and weak so Under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana it will the major step to ensure the survival and protection of each and Every Girl child that comes into focus .
3.Ensuring education and participation of the girl child
Saving the Girl child and securing will not help any how in making girls strong and making a better India , According to our prime minister Mr Narendra Modi ji – Every Girl in this country must be educated in order to make women achieve what they want.
Major Components Of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) initiative has two major components.
i) Mass Communication Campaign –
The campaign aims at ensuring girls are born, nurtured and educated without discrimination to become empowered citizens of this country. The Campaign interlinks National, State and District level interventions with community level action in 100 districts, bringing together different stakeholders for accelerated impact.
ii) Multi-sectoral action in 100 selected districts (as a pilot) with adverse CSR, covering all States and UTs –
Coordinated & convergent efforts are undertaken in close coordination with MoHFW and MoHRD to ensure survival, protection and education of the girl child. The District Collectors/Deputy Commissioners (DCs) lead and coordinate actions of all departments for implementation of BBBP at the District level. Mulit-sectoral interventions includes:
i) Ministry of WCD:
- Promote registration of pregnancies in first trimester in Anganwadi Centres (AWCs);
- Undertake training of stakeholders;
- Community mobilization & sensitization;
- Involvement of gender champions;
- Reward & recognition of institutions & frontline workers.
ii) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare:
- Monitor implementation of Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCP&DT) Act, 1994;
- Increased institutional deliveries;
- Registration of births;
- Strengthening PNDT Cells;
- Setting up Monitoring Committees
iii) Ministry of Human Resource Development:
- Universal enrolment of girls;
- Decreased drop-out rate;
- Girl Child friendly standards in schools;
- Strict implementation of Right to Education (RTE);
- Construction of Functional Toilets for girls.
What can we all do as individuals:
- Celebrate the birth of girl child in the family and community
- Take pride in daughters and oppose the mentality of ‘Bojh’ and ‘Paraya Dhan’.
- Find ways to promote equality between boys and girls.
- Secure admission to & retention of girl child in schools.
- Engage men and boys to challenge gender stereotypes and roles.
- Educate and sensitize our sons to respect women and girls as equal members of society.
- Report any incident of sex determination test.
- Strive to make neighborhood safe & violence-free for women & girls.
- Oppose dowry and child marriage within the family and community.
- Advocate simple weddings.
- Support women’s right to own and inherit property.
- Encourage women to go out, pursue higher studies, work, do business, access public spaces freely etc.
- Mind his language and be sensitive to women and girls
In August 2016, Olympics 2016 bronze medalist Sakshi Malik was made brand ambassador of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ initiative in Haryana
How to apply for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
Check the Following steps. The basic steps is first to open a bank account on the name of that girls child , but these are the following steps you must have to follow in order to get the benifits –
- Age limit for BBBP – According to this secheme the age limit for opening an account is upto 10Years, and there is buffer period of 1 Year. Means, the girl child who has attained the age of 10 years 1 year those are capable for this scheme. So final is that you can open BBBP account upto 11 years after the birth of Girl Child.
- Tax Free Scheme – This welfare scheme launched by prime minister is absolutely tax free means after opening BBBP account no amount will be deducted from your account wholewhile.
- Documents Required for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme – Make sure you must be having the following documents in order to open your account.
- Birth Certificate of Girl Child
- Identity proof of the parent or legal guardian
- Address proof of the parent or legal guardian
Note- NRI party is not applicable for this scheme.
As per RBI Guidelines, Rules and Regulations an NRI cannot apply for this scheme. The post office saving account rules, 1981, governs Sukanya Dev Yojna, so, NRIs doesn’t come into this category.
- How much benifit Girl Child will Get –
In BBBP Scheme Ministry of Women and Child Development is functioning in collaboration with Ministry of Health and Family Welfare as well as Ministry of Human Resource Development.
PM Mr. Modi called its a Boon and a enlightened step for the society. Also in this Yojana –
- The Government also projected Rs 150 crore to be spent by the Ministry of Home Affairs on a scheme to extend the security of women in large cities of India .
- The Union Budget has allocated to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Rs 50 crore for pilot schemes to safeguard the safety of women on public road transport.
- Benifits of specially Girl Child are as follows –
- Thorough this BBBP Yojana you will be opened your daughter account , your girl child financial burden will be less and as you would get money for her small needs .
- In BBBP scheme government offers the Highest Interest Rate among all Small Savings. So with this, you save more money for your daughter in future.
- This BBBP account has been exempted. contribution to this account u/s 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. So your girl child account will be full of tax-free. Means no money will be deducted from that specified account as in terms of tax.
- Best part of this Yojana is that – Maturity of account is 21 years from the date of opening of the account or Marriage of the Girl Child, through this account withdrawal is allowed on attaining the age of 18 years by girl child only if funds are required for Higher Education. The maximum period of this account is 21 years.
- The main aim and Objective of of BBBP Yojana is To make people understand that girl child is not a burden for the parents for the girl education and for the marriage of girl through this account save money . It gives the complete financial security to the girl.
- After completion of the account timing and girl age should be 21 years then all are the interest will be added in the girl account.
Important Attachment – beti bachao Guideline and form details