Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana: save daughter, educate daughter is a Scheme that fits its words means it aims to generate awareness among Indian Women and by saying this improve the efficiency of welfare services meant for women. BBBP Scheme was launched by the Prime Minister on 22nd January, 2015 at Panipat of Haryana State.
The scheme will have focused intervention and multi-section action in almost 100 districts with low Child Sex Ratio (CSR) So from 2015 women and girl child are going to be highly beneficial and an awareness and empowerment will increase among society specially women.
What is BBBP and Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana addresses the declining Child Sex Ratio (CSR) and related issues of women empowerment over a life-cycle continuum.
It is a tri-ministerial effort of Ministries of India
- Women and Child Development
- Health & Family Welfare
- Human Resource Development.
According to census data, the child sex ratio ranging f(0–6 years) in India was 927 girls per 1,000 boys in 2001, which dropped drastically to 918 girls for every 1,000 boys in 2011. A 2012 UNICEF report ranked India 41st among 195 countries.
Objective and Primitives of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
The Overall Goal of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana is to Celebrate the Girl Child & Enable her Education. This Yojana was launched under these objectives and perspectives,
- Prevention of gender-biased sex-selective elimination
- Ensuring survival & protection of the girl child
- Ensuring education and participation of the girl child
Major Components Of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
i) Mass Communication Campaign
ii) Multi-sectoral action in 100 selected districts (as a pilot) with adverse CSR, covering all States and UTs
i) Ministry of WCD:
- Promote registration of pregnancies in first trimester in Anganwadi Centres (AWCs);
- Undertake training of stakeholders;
- Community mobilization & sensitization;
- Involvement of gender champions;
- Reward & recognition of institutions & frontline workers.
ii) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare:
- Monitor implementation of Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCP&DT) Act, 1994;
- Increased institutional deliveries;
- Registration of births;
- Strengthening PNDT Cells;
- Setting up Monitoring Committees
iii) Ministry of Human Resource Development:
- Universal enrolment of girls;
- Decreased drop-out rate;
- Girl Child friendly standards in schools;
- Strict implementation of Right to Education (RTE);
- Construction of Functional Toilets for girls.
In August 2016, Olympics 2016 bronze medalist Sakshi Malik was made brand ambassador of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ initiative in Haryana
How to apply for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
Check the Following steps. The basic steps is first to open a bank account on the name of that girls child , but these are the following steps you must have to follow in order to get the benifits –
Age limit for BBBP
- 10 Years
- Documents Required for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme – Make sure you must be having the following documents in order to open your account.
- Birth Certificate of Girl Child
- Identity proof of the parent or legal guardian
- Address proof of the parent or legal guardian
Note- NRI party is not applicable for this scheme.
As per RBI Guidelines, Rules and Regulations an NRI cannot apply for this scheme. The post office saving account rules, 1981, governs Sukanya Dev Yojna, so, NRIs doesn’t come into this category.
- How much benifit Girl ALL DEPARChild will Get –
In BBBP Scheme Ministry of Women and Child Development is functioning in collaboration with Ministry of Health and Family Welfare as well as Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Important Attachment – Beti Bachao Guideline & Form Details