Finally, the Maharashtra Government has launched its new scheme Baby Care Kit Scheme in the state. In this scheme, the government will provide baby-care kits to the mothers to take care of a newborn baby in the primary health centres and all the government hospitals in the state. However, this scheme was launched in December 2018 and finally, distribution has been started from 29 January 2019.
Baby Care Kit Scheme Maharashtra Aim
The state government of Maharashtra has launched this scheme with an aim to reduce infant mortality rate in the state. After the launch of the scheme, the government has starte the distribution of Baby Care Kits to the new born baby mothers in primary health centres and all the government hospitals in the state.
According to the scheme, around four lakh women will be benefited under this scheme. This scheme is only applicable for the first child born in primary health centres or government hospitals. In order to implement this scheme, the government has allocated Rs 20 crore.
Baby Care Kit Scheme Maharashtra Special Benefits
- The baby-care kits will be given to the women after their first delivery.
- This scheme is applicable only for those women who are admitted to a state-run hospital for first new born baby.
- This baby-care kit containing all the things like a blanket, a small mattress, a towel, a thermometer, baby oil, shampoo, toys, nail-cutter, gloves, socks.
- The each baby-care kit cost is around Rs. 2000/-
- This baby care kit will help all the mothers to take care of their babies and It will also help to reduce infant mortality rate in the state.
Actually, this scheme is launched on the lines of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Tamil Nadu after getting successful results in the states. The state government is expecting that this scheme will help to reduce infant mortality rate in the state.