Assam Wage Compensation Scheme for Pregnant Women in Tea Gardens
This compensation scheme will ensure for providing proper healthcare facilities to the pregnant women working in tea gardens. Under this scheme, the state government is going to benefit a total number of 60,000 women. The main motive of the state government behind launching this scheme is to reduce the maternal and neonatal mortality rate in the tea growing areas.
Assam Wage Compensation Scheme for Pregnant Tea Growers
Here are some important features and highlights of this wage compensation scheme –
- The Assam Government will ensure the better health and nutrition supplements for all the pregnant tea growers gets better health.
- Under this compensation scheme, the Assam government will provide a compensation amount of Rs. 12,000 to the pregnant women in tea gardens in order to enable her to take care of herself and unborn baby without compromising the livelihood of the family.
- The state government will provide this compensation amount in 4 quarterly installments – Rs. 2,000 in the first quarter, Rs. 4,000 in the second quarter, Rs. 3,000 in third quarter for institutional delivery and Rs. 3,000 in the fourth quarter for the registration of child birth.
- Apart from this, all the Pregnant tea growers will also be able to get a maternity leave. These women do not need to engage in any kind of work in their 3rd trimester (quarter) of pregnancy and 4th quarter also (3 months after delivery).
- The state government will also provide assistance for ante-natal care and for 1st cycle of immunization of the child to all such pregnant women.