Apply for PM’s Scholarship Scheme for Scholarship of 10,000 Per Year
PM’s Scholarship Scheme is a major scholarship in many scholarship schemes offered by the Government. Under the scheme, the scholarship is given to the students of 10th and 12th entering in the professional courses (BE, medical, pharmacy, BCA, BBA, Engineering, IIT etc.).
Under the scheme, 82,000 students (41,000 boy students and 41,000 girl students), are awarded scholarships each year.
Eligibility Criteria for PM’s Scholarship Scheme
- Student’s family’s annual income must not exceed Rs 6,00,000.
- The students doing distant learning will not be considered for the scholarship as only the students doing regular courses will be given these scholarships.
- Student’s age must be between 18 to 25.
Details of PM’s Scholarship Scheme
- The students who have scored 75% marks in class 12th are given a scholarship of Rs 1000 per month for 10 months (10,000).
- Those students who have scored 85% marks in class 12th are given a scholarship of Rs 25,000.
- In addition, the students doing professional courses of four or five years are provided the scholarship of 2,000 per month for the fourth and fifth year. The students who are receiving these scholarships have to score minimum 50% marks in every semester. The scholarship will be stopped in the case if the students scored marks less than 50% or get fail.
How to Apply for PM’s Scholarship Scheme
The scholarships are distributed to students across the country. A student may apply for the scholarship for only one course. If a student is to apply for scholarships in multiple courses then the application will be canceled.
Under this scheme, the students are given scholarships by the means of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and Aadhar Payment Bridge so that the amount can be directly transferred to the student’s account.