Apply Online for Tourist Visa On Arrival Scheme (TVOA) || आगमन पर पर्यटक वीज़ा योजना
Tourist Visa On Arrival Scheme
Government of India has introduced ‘Tourist Visa on Arrival (TVOA) scheme‘ for the nationals of eleven countries, namely Japan, Singapore, Philippines, Finland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia.
What is Tourist Visa On Arrival Scheme
The TVOA is allowed for a maximum validity of 30 days with single entry facility by the Immigration Officers at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata Airports on payment of a fee of US$ 60/- or equivalent amount in Indian rupees per passenger (including children). TVOA is allowed for a maximum of two times in a calendar year to a foreigner with a minimum gap of two months between two visits. TVOA shall be non-extendable and non-convertible.
The foreigners of above-mentioned countries may avail of TVOA for a period up to 30 days for tourism, medical treatment, casual business or to visit friends/relatives, etc.
A Tourist Visa-on-Arrival can be granted to a foreigner who is a national of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Indonesia or Myanmar and:
- whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit etc. and no other purpose/ activity;
- who does not have a residence or occupation in India;
- who holds a passport with a minimum validity of six months and a re-entry permit, if that is required under the law of the country of nationality of the applicant;
- who is a person of assured financial standing (the production of a return ticket and availability of sufficient money to spend during his stay in India may be considered sufficient for this purpose).
- The TVOA facility is not applicable to the holders of Diplomatic/Official Passports. Further, TVOA shall not be granted to the foreigners who have permanent residence or occupation in India. Such persons can visit India on a normal visa, as applicable.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़े
- A citizen from the above-named countries who wants to come to India for purposes other than as mentioned above or for a longer duration should be granted a visa of the appropriate category by the Indian Mission / Post concerned.
A Tourist Visa-on-Arrival will be valid for entry and stay in India within the period of its validity subject to the conditions specified. The Immigration officer may grant single entry Tourist Visa-on-Arrival valid up to 30 days to the nationals of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos, Indonesia or Myanmar. Tourist Visa-on-Arrival shall be non-extendable and non-convertible.
The Tourist Visa-on-Arrival will be provided only at designated international airports namely, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata and NOT at any other Immigration Check Post (ICP).
Fee for Tourist Visa-on-Arrival
A fee of Indian Rupees equivalent to US $ 60/- per passenger (including children), will be charged from each foreigner for the grant of a Tourist Visa-on-Arrival.
The visitors are required to fill a simple Visa application Form on arrival at the concerned airport. One Passport size photograph is required with the application.
Tourist Visa-On-Arrival may be allowed for a maximum of two times in a calendar year to a foreigner with a minimum gap of two months between two visits.
The Tourist Visa-on-Arrival facility shall not be applicable to holders of Diplomatic/Official passports.
Existing procedures/ guidelines, as applicable to these countries for this category, shall continue to apply.
The extant laws/rules/procedures governing entry, stay and exit of the foreigners will apply to the holders of Tourist Visa-on-Arrival. There shall be no deviation from conditions/procedures outlined above.