Apply Online for Punjab Govt.’s Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme || Complete Details
Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
Punjab State Government has announced new scheme for free health checkup named ‘Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme’. This scheme has been implemented in Punjab with the help of Department of Health and Family Welfare.
What is Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
Under this health check-up scheme, each resident of the state who is above 30 years old will be screened for diseases like anemia, hypertension, diabetes, kidney and liver ailments etc. the state government has planned this initiative through an expert group Adviser (Health) Dr K K Talwar and Dr Rajesh Kumar of Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़िए
Objectives of Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to prevent & control such diseases by detecting those at early stage. As per the health experts say, early diagnosis through regular check-ups is the key to prevention of such diseases and improve the quality of life. In this scheme, the state government has already established free medicine and diagnostic facilities center across the Punjab state. If any patient suffering from kidney and liver diseases then he/she will be referred to the nearest diagnostic facilities center in the state. Under the scheme, people over 30 years of age will be examined for such diseases every Saturday at community health centers (CHC) & will be motivated to take healthy food and exercise regularly. Government has took this initiative because it has aims to make people health conscious & to initiate treatment for any disease detected by these diagnostic tests at the early stage
Benefits of Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
- Benefits of free health check up annually for people above 30 years of age
- Benefits of diagnosing the diseased like anaemia, hypertension, diabetes, kidney and liver ailments etc
- Benefits of free medicine and diagnostic facilities center across Punjab state
- Candidate must be resident of Punjab state
- People over 30 years of age are eligible for free health check up
- Aadhaar card
- Age proof such as driving license, voter card etc.
- Candidate should be visit nearest community health centers
- Candidate also visit Government hospitals in Punjab