Apply Online for New Smart Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
TN Smart Ration Card: If you are the resident of Tamil Nadu and do you want to apply for a TN Smart Ration Card don’t worry. The state government of Tamil Nadu has started its new official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System where the people can apply for Tamil Nadu New Smart Ration Card through the online without going government office. The government is converting all the ration cards in new smart ration cards in the state.
TN Smart Ration Card
According to the procedure, the old ration cards will be automatically converted into the New Smart Ration Card. The government will send a PIN number on the registered mobile number of ration card holder. After receiving PIN, the ration card holder can collect his/her New Smart Ration Card from the nearest distribution center after showing the received PIN.
Benefits of TN Smart Ration Card
- The government will provide a plastic type smart ration card to the ration card holders.
- The government will change the old ration card in easy way.
- Through the new smart ration card the get food grains digitaly by using smart ration card
- The ration card holders can easily cary their ration card.
Applying Procedure for New Smart Ration Card
If you want to apply for a New Smart Ration Card you will have to follow some easy steps which are given below-
- In the first step the applicant will have to visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System at www.tnpds.gov.in
- After reach on official website click on “Smart Card Application” as you can see in image.
- After that you will see an online application form read all the details carefully and after that fill that application form.
- After filling application form you will have to upload the residence proof in form of JPG, PNG or GIF format.
Note – The image size should not be more than 2 MB. After completing all the details,
- After completing all the procedure finally click on “Submit” button to forward your application form to the conserned department.
- After submitting you application form you will receive a Reference Number for future. You can check your application status by using this reference number.
How to Track the Smart Card Application Status
- The applicant can easily track their application, they will have to visit the official website of tnpds.gov.in
- After reaching on home page click on “New Card Application Status” link to check you application status.
Smart Card Helpline No – 1967 or 1800-425-5901.