Apply Online for New Smart Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Government has started inviting online applications for the New Smart Ration Card via the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System o.e. www.tnpds.gov.in. Recently the state government launched the Smart Family Card Scheme in order to convert all the ration cards in the state with new smart ration cards.
Besides this, the state government will automatically convert the old ration into the New Smart Ration Card. A PIN will be received by the current Ration Card holders on their registered mobile numbers. Those card holders will have to collect their smart ration card from their nearest distribution center by showing the SMS.
Applying Procedure for New Smart Ration Card
- STEP 1- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System at www.tnpds.gov.in
- STEP 2- Click on “Smart Card Application”
- STEP 3- An application form will appear on the next page, you need to fill all the necessary details into it.
- STEP 4- Upload the residence proof in form of JPG, PNG or GIF format.
Note – The size of the file should be no more than 2 MB. After completing all the details,
- STEP 6- Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom.
- STEP 7– An application Reference Number will be Generated. This will help you to track the status of your application.
How to Track the Smart Card Application Status
- Visit the homepage of the website at tnpds.gov.in
- Click on the “New Card Application Status” link in the right column.
Smart Card Helpline No – 1967 or 1800-425-5901.