Apply for Kanyashree Yojana Kolakata || कन्याश्री योजना || Complete Details
Kanyashree Yojana – West Bengal Government has launched its new scheme Kanyashree Yojana for girls students who belong to the poor family. This scheme is launched by the West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerji Under this scheme, the state government will provide financial assistance to the poor girl’s students. This financial assistance amount will be credited to the girl’s bank account.
What is Kanyashree Yojana
According to the scheme, this scheme is specially launched for girls students who belong to the poor family. Under this scheme, the state government will give financial assistance of Rs. 25000/- which will be directly credited to the bank account of the beneficiary.
As per the scheme, this financial assistance amount will be given to the girl when she will complete the age of 18 years. The amount will be credited to the girl bank account in an installment of Rs. 500/- per year. In this scheme, the girl students of 8th class can apply for this scheme. The government is expecting that this scheme will help the parent to get higher education of their daughter.
Components of the Scheme
The scheme has two components:
- Annual Scholarship of Rs. 500/-(Rupees Five hundred only)
- One time Grant of Rs. 25,000/-(Rupees Twenty-five thousand only)
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें
Features of the Scheme
- The girls student will receive Rs. 500/- per year into her bank account.
- When she will complete the her age of 18 years than government will give her an amount of Rs. 25000/-.
- Only poor girls can apply for it who belong to the BPL families.
- This scheme will encourage the parent about higher education for girls
- It will also enourage the girls studetns to get higher education in future.
- All girl between the age of 13 to 19 years from poor families whose annual income up to Rs 120000/-
- The girl student who is regularly attending institutions for education or vocational/sports training
- Girls of Child Care Institutes registered under J.J. Act within the age of 18-19 years
- This is the one time grant which will be given when she will complet the age of 18 years on or after 1st April 2013
- According to the scheme about 18 Lakhs girl students will be benefited for scholarship every year.
- Besides this, about 3.5 Lakhs girls for one-time grant every year.
Under this scheme, only those girl students will be benefited from this scheme whose parents annual income is upto Rs 1,20,000. This scheme will encourage the girls students to get higher education. Accordign to the detials, about 19,000 girl students are registered with this scheme in this financial year.