Andhra Pradesh Free Bicycle Scheme – आंध्र प्रदेश नि: शुल्क साइकिल योजना
Andhra Pradesh Free Bicycle Scheme
Andhra Pradesh Government has announced ‘Free Bicycle Scheme’ for girl students of the state to encourage girl child education & reduce dropout ratio.
What is Free Bicycle Scheme
Under Free Bicycle Scheme, the state government provides free bicycles to every girl child studying in class 9th in government schools. The state government has sanctioned Rs. 74.92 crores for the implementation of the scheme.
- The main motto of this scheme is to provide free bicycles to the girl’s student to reduce school dropout ratio in the state. The dropout rate among the girl student was high as the parents are not willing to send their daughter to schools outside their village without a proper mode of transport.
- This scheme helps girls student who finds it difficult to attend school due to restricted mobility. Besides improving school attendance, cycles also encourage students to participate in extra and co-curricular activities.
- The basic aim of this state-funded scheme is to enhance enrollment and ensure retention of students in schools by providing a mode of transport which would make students self-reliant and also encourage them to complete secondary education.
- The state government of Andhra Pradesh plans to implement this scheme in all 13 districts and more than 1.80 lakh girl students will be benefited under this Free Bicycle Scheme
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits of free bicycle for girls student in Andhra Pradesh
- Government provides free bicycles to every girl child studying in class 9th in the state
- Applicant should be resident of Andhra Pradesh
- Girl student should be studying in 9th class in government schools
- Aadhaar card
- School certificates
- Applicant have to visit headmaster/principal of government school in Andhra Pradesh