Andhra Pradesh Chandranna Bima Yojana – आंध्र प्रदेश चंद्राअन्ना बीमा योजना
Andhra Pradesh Chandranna Bima Yojana
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has launched an insurance scheme for unorganized sector workers i.e. ‘Chandranna Bima Yojana’.
What is Chandranna Bima Yojana?
Under this Chandranna Bima Yojana, Andhra Pradesh Government provides an insurance coverage for unorganized sector workers such as agricultural laborers, artisans, small self-employed people, petty traders, vendors, hamals and shop employees and similar people.
The main motto of this scheme is to provide relief to the families of unorganized workers in case of death or disability of the unorganized worker. All India statistics shows that Andhra Pradesh is one of the States with a large number of accidents.
The death or disability due to an accident of an unorganized worker results in misery to his family and hardship caused by reduced earnings, medical and other expenditure relating to the accident. Hence, it is an essential to provide accident death and disability insurance to the worker for social security.
Government aimed to cover 1.5 Core workers under the scheme. The Andhra Pradesh Government took very good initiative and provides insurance cover to an unorganized sector worker to make their life easy
Benefits of the Scheme
- Benefits for Unorganized workers in the age group of 18 to 59 years –
- An insurance covers Rs. 5 lakh for Accidental Death and total Disability
- Government also provide Rs.75,000/- under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and Rs.2,00,000/- from Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- The insurance covers of Rs.3,62,500/- for Partial Disability and Rs.30,000/- for Natural Death of workers under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY)
- In addition, the insurance provide scholarship for workers children’s of Rs.1200/- per annum
- Unorganized workers in the age group of 60 to 70 years:
- Insurance covers of Rs. 4.25 lakh for Accidental Death and total Disability
- The insurance covers of Rs.3,25,000/- for Partial Disability
- Applicant must be resident of Andhra Pradesh state
- All unorganized sector workers between the age group of 18 to 70 years are eligible for this scheme
- Unorganized workers in the age group of 60 to 70 years are not eligible for Natural death relief and scholarship for children
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photos
- Age proof
- Proof of unorganized sector worker
Applicant have to visit official site http://chandrannabima.ap.gov.in/Default.aspx
Download the form from http://www.chandrannabima.ap.gov.in/application.pdf
Now, fill the application form and attached all essential documents
Once fill the form, submit it to the labor department in Andhra Pradesh
Applicant should visit labor office in Andhra Pradesh state
O/o Commissioner of Labour, Paturi’s Pride, Papaiah Street X Roads, Seetharampuram, Vijayawada – 520 002, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh